Nobody is buying s**t these days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Usually when I try to sell something, I heavily discount it because I want to get rid of the item. And even then I'll bargain. I don't want someone else to pay my monthly house or car payment. Why get angry or offended over a lowball offer? We do want an offer don't we? At least we know someone has shown interest.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how often that works to be honest.
I was at a big box store a few days ago and they had a brand new/display 6" name brand jointer at half off of $350. I asked one of the associates if we could go further and they got it to $100. I didn't need a jointer to be honest, but for a C-note I was definitely in.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gonna second the lack of community classifieds that we saw in the past. I'm pretty sure there's some guys just trying to turn things for profit at gun shows or wherever. More power to them, but I'm not gonna drop my price to help them make a few dollars.
Yes sir

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes prices are high however we continue to keep the same idiots in office since the 70s. What do you expect? Look at the price of a used and new vehicles? They are literally junk. Besides most ppl on here I think are older? Thats another reason why prices are high. All the young guys Iv done biz with on this site are actually willing to negotiate but it goes Both ways. The older guys not so much. You mentioned swap meets? There’s a lot of deals to be had at the dog trade in sulphur.
Will check that swap meet out once they get the town back and up. The wife’s family was from down that way.

I actually remember prices from the 70’s, and inflation was rough then too. I remember waiting in line with my mom to get gasoline while my dad was at work. We’d go wait in line for the tanker to show up, during mid-day it was a long wait but nothing like those who needed to get it in there morning before work or the evening after work.

So much of our current problems can be blamed on the voters of the 70’s, but it goes back farther to FDR and his programs that were implemented pre-WWII. The blame does land on the voters as we send elected officials to our city council, state legislators, and DC but we don’t hold them accountable for their actions when they betray us. So many times good people want to try and make a difference only to be out spent for the office, or if they do get elected the dirty political game makes them leave, or partake is the swamp political game. Political offices shouldn’t be a full-time job, but we can go down that rabbit hole at another time.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say none of "us." There are some out there. Rather, not necessarily paying the bills, but looking for deals to make money off of. Some people used to call them "neckbeards" during the ammo scares. There are enough of them now that the sense of community trading has gone by the wayside.
I hope I read it right for the Dirty Soup Boys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom