Oklahoma Rifle Association ORA opposes open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: as many have probably already determined by trying to email Mr. Scott, his email on the ORA site is NOT valid!!! If someone has found a valid email address for this person, please post it.:rant:

Sounds like the "leader" of this organization doesn't want to be bothered by members and potential members! :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have any personal ties, but I have taken some training at Mr. Abel's shooting school. He's still listed as the Legal Director for ORA. He comes across as a no B.S., no political correctness kind of guy. I wonder what his position was/is.

Paul Able is a signee on the letter to the State legislature.

Dale Schuster is a VP of ORA.
Here is his email. Its valid.
[email protected]

Here is his reply to the question of why they sent the letter.

Good to hear from you, here's a copy of SB129 and our response to the Oklahoma House of Reps. Erin was right, this bill as it passed the Senate would allow anyone 18 years of age or older to "open carry" handguns, rifles and shotguns anywhere you are allowed to "carry concealed" with NO training or a background check.

We have been in contact with the Senate Author of SB129 (for the second time) and he has agreed to some changes. What these will be we will work out next week, I'm sure it will include some form of "training" and a background check to weed out convected felons. I'll keep you informed as I can. Give XXXXXX(name deleted as it doesn't make any difference) a call he was at the ORA Board meeting Saturday when we voted on the letter.

If you need anything else give me a shout.

Dale

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have been in contact with the Senate Author of SB129 (for the second time) and he has agreed to some changes. What these will be we will work out next week, I'm sure it will include some form of "training" and a background check to weed out convected felons. I'll keep you informed as I can. Give XXXXXX(name deleted as it doesn't make any difference) a call he was at the ORA Board meeting Saturday when we voted on the letter.

So much for standing up for the Second Amendment.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the ORA meeting a couple years back to try to get them to get their crap together and get on here. Waste of time and energy. Bunch of Fudds that have turned that organization into their own little Fudd club.

Latest posts

Top Bottom