Open Carry Bill Introducted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

captain

I always thought the concealed carry was backwards... Anyone should be able to carry open just as we should be able to. To carry a concealed weapon should require a special permit or LEO. That way you see everyone with a gun, if you are a bad guy and have it concealed big problems then...

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
where is the word "pay"?? Nothing in the language above says anything about a fee.
It says the document will be issued by a SDA instructor not the state.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to what I read above, an NRA instructor or a CCW instructor can issue a card stating that you are familiar with state laws and basic firearm safety and you are good to go. No class required, no fee required. This sounds better than the alternative described in the original post. Not a separate "license" per se, just a card showing you know the rules, issued by someone with basic credentials.

I don't see this going very far, without major changes, if I'm reading it properly. I wish it would, sounds pretty good, but it won't.
Wouldn't an SDA instructor require a fee? If so, its not a right.

<edit> There WILL end up being a fee in the final version, and I'd bet the fee goes to the state. I don't see the permit being issued by the CCW instructor staying either. Too many of our legislators want to make sure the state keeps track of whom is allowed and whom isn't.

K

Kmarcm

Kinda seems like a bad idea. Most guys that run in and rob a place are gonna drop the guys with guns first. In my opinion it's gonna put a big target on your back.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda seems like a bad idea. Most guys that run in and rob a place are gonna drop the guys with guns first. In my opinion it's gonna put a big target on your back.
Yeah but getting slapped with a crime for someone seeing my CCW as my shirt rides up seems even worse and that's what we live with now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom