Open Carry OK HB1414

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand some of these comments. It's going to be the same people (for the most part) Who are OC that are CC. So what's the problem? You guys never had a problem with these "egomaniacs" concealing, but all of the sudden it's the end of the world because the SAME people will be allowed to carry openly? I just don't see what the big deal is...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this becomes law will printing no longer become a problem for those who conceal carry.

New definitions (well.. the "unconcealed" part is new) if it becomes law.

1. "Concealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding as a passenger; and

2. “Unconcealed handgun” means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried upon the person in a belt holster that is wholly or partially visible, or carried upon the person in a scabbard or case designed for carrying firearms that is wholly or partially visible;

todd740

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

I was listening to Elvis Polo's radio show awhile ago while on a break from work. From what I heard, it's good to go. Didn't get to find out all the details, but he was talking how it was optional for permit holders, etc., and mentioned "effective January 1st". So I don't know what the latest little scoop is.

Its actually November 1st

SECTION 45. This act shall become effective November 1, 2010.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure and contact your representatives and express support for this legislation.
That's the plain and simple way to get it passed.
For the most part they listen to the squeaky wheels.
The more support for it, the more likely they will vote in favor for it.
Encourage all your known like minded friends to contact them also.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got an email this morning because I signed that petition for Open Carry. The email is from Russ Cook and says this:
====================================================

You're receiving this email because you support the Petition for Open Carry in Oklahoma at http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition.html .

We currently have 10672 signatures demanding restoration of our 2nd Amendment rights
in Oklahoma. Your voice is being heard! The Oklahoma State Senate has passed a bill
which will allow residents with a concealed carry permit to exercise the option to carry
openly.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20100421_12_0_OKLAHO649094

Although the bill does not allow unlicensed open carry by all law-abiding Oklahoma residents,
it is a definitive step in the right direction, and I encourage you to support this measure.
Support in the Senate was not unanimous, nor will it be in the House when the bill comes
back for a vote. Please contact your elected Representative and request his/her support
of this important legislation, sponsored by Rep. Rex Duncan, R-Sand Springs, and Sen. Anthony Sykes, R-Moore.

Governor Brad Henry will be much more likely to sign this bill into law if it has strong
support in the House. Please spread the word about HB3354 and this petition, and
encourage everyone to contact his elected Representative.
==========================================================

Latest posts

Top Bottom