Poll: Would you stay or leave Oklahoma if it left the Union?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you stay or leave if Oklahoma left the Union?

• I would stay in Oklahoma or the new nation it joined..

Votes: 92 82.1%
  • I would leave to live in the U.S.A.

Votes: 20 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s been quite a bit of US Balkanization talk over the past year or so. I think it has less to do with election results and more to do with an obvious schism between the left and right. Overall, it's pretty much an urban vs. suburban/rural divergence. The heavy population centers, particularly in the northeast, upper midwest and west coast all lean left. The south and middle America lean right. Both sides accuse the other of being a parasite and draw their conclusions using so-called "statistics". In truth the relationship isn't parasitic at all, it's symbiotic. Can you really argue that most of the wealth in the nation is created in the major urban centers? Likewise, are most of the natural resources not developed and produced in rural areas?

Without the wealth, you won't have the capital to explore, develop and produce the resources. Without the resources, an urban population center is unsustainable. Balkanization will redistribute wealth and prosperity on a local and regional scale. Some will descend into poverty while others will become very rich. Other than the distribution method, how is that any different than what we have now?

Until we learn to stop marginalizing those who differ from us and learn to accentuate the positives so to speak, we’ll continue descending into petty partisan politics. All the more to our detriment unfortunately. :(

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not as curious about whether or not people would stay or go as I am about the events that would lead up to secession. Nothing happens overnight, and there are a lot of budget crises, riots, intergovernmental standoffs, and social divisions left to occur before any situation like this could happen.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not as curious about whether or not people would stay or go as I am about the events that would lead up to secession. Nothing happens overnight, and there are a lot of budget crises, riots, intergovernmental standoffs, and social divisions left to occur before any situation like this could happen.

I do not think something like this would happen unless the US suffered a complete economic collapse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom