Price of a cup of coffee?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I may have had a cup or two of Starbucks. Mostly because my wife wanted some foo foo coffee there and I didn’t want to stop two places for a cup of Joe. Seems like their straight black coffee has a stout flavor. I honestly don’t remember what it cost, just remember it was substantially cheaper than what my wife had.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am guessing they’re talking about sit down with a meal cup of coffee and not the fancy premium hipster coffee. I remember a friend spending like $4-5 a cup prior to Covid price hike for that stuff. I’m guessing that stuff is $10 a cup now
Waffle House is $2.50 but you get free refills, and its good coffee. So I do my part to drink the whole pot lol

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't buy coffee in restaurants. They don't make it strong enough for us. A dark roast whole bean coffee is what we buy. Grind it fresh every morning and make a pot. The smell is amazing.
That's what I do, I finally broke down at Christmas and bought a really good coffee grinder.

I get fresh beans every 3 or 4 weeks, just enough to last that long, and grind it up fresh every day.

Mighty fine cup of enjoyment. Beats the pants off of Folgers and Maxwell for sure.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny timing. Back in April, 2014, I bought a pack of Melitta filters for my home coffee maker. I thought it was one package of filters, but it was actually one package of eight packages of 200 filters.

At the time, I thought that would last me several years. I think I underestimated. I just opened the last of those packages of 200 when I set up the coffee maker for tomorrow (well, at this point, this) morning.

At the rate I'm using them (the days I go into the office), they ought to last me well into 2025...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I do, I finally broke down at Christmas and bought a really good coffee grinder.

I get fresh beans every 3 or 4 weeks, just enough to last that long, and grind it up fresh every day.

Mighty fine cup of enjoyment. Beats the pants off of Folgers and Maxwell for sure.
Since we travel a lot, we like to take the Sumatra beans with us. We bought a 5 gallon pail and vacuum sealed it in one pound packages.
The next morning, all the bags looked like balloons.
A duck duck go search revealed that whole coffee beans outgas constantly which slowly takes the flavor with it. The solution was to reseal in vacuum and immediately put in the freezer which worked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom