Price of a cup of coffee?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dating myself but probably the last time I had a cup away from home it was .25 with pretty much unlimited refills at the local cafe in town. A lot of the local temp jobs were there, like construction or farm work. So it was always full of people. Most ate there while they took up a seat and then shot the bull for a bit.

I can’t get excited about these designer coffees. I’m just a black coffee kind of guy.
Ya when I started working at Humpty Dumpty in '73 - coffee was a nickel- smokes were a dime. The good ole days are gone forever.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
The next morning, all the bags looked like balloons.
A duck duck go search revealed that whole coffee beans outgas constantly which slowly takes the flavor with it.
...that's why the coffee bags have that circular one-way pressure relief disc. My coffee in those bags don't last long enough to lose the flavor.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...that's why the coffee bags have that circular one-way pressure relief disc. My coffee in those bags don't last long enough to lose the flavor.
Yes!!! And you can buy those same coffee bags, with the one way pressure relief valve, and store your coffee in those. It helps.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over 2.50 most of the time I buy it. Kum N Go (named in honor of our current VP) has the best coffee around. Money well spent, and I don't care if they're liberal or conservative.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to a Starbucks several years ago. Asked for a plain cup of coffee, and got stared at. I'm still not sure what I bought that day.

Tall

Marksman
Reaction score
I just got back from a road trip from Tulsa to Seattle and back. Micky D's coffee was $1.79 for a large at most stops. Used Starbucks a few times when I was on expense account. Terrible coffee, burnt.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son bought me a big Yeti cup a couple birthdays ago. I use it most mornings and I usually end up with enough in it to last all day. Which I’m glad considering the prices now. But the reality is I sound like an old poop griping about how high stuff is.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got back from a road trip from Tulsa to Seattle and back. Micky D's coffee was $1.79 for a large at most stops. Used Starbucks a few times when I was on expense account. Terrible coffee, burnt.

Agree, Starbux coffee is awful, rather buy MickD's. Cheaper and better. Bought some iced tea from Starbux and sucked also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom