question for the Techy gurus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would not send any money ever to a person with a credit card and give a #
I have never sent any money to anyone unless it was in a birthday card and I placed a stamp on it.

Surely there is a way to set up a phone to block calls that are not in your friends list.

May never know because these STUPID expensive cell phones do not come with an instruction book.

Let me hand you a Berco cam grinder and a Crank grinder and some cam and crank cores and turn you loose without any instructions..OH and you will need to wire these up and cut some masters so you can grind cams.

Insanity.
People still fall for it and get the cell phone anyway.

OOOOHHHHH It just dawned on me.
HA!

Really though I will not post what dawned on me.

But I do hope you get it figured out as calls from anyone that you do not want to talk to is horrible.

I have people call my home phone all the time and used to be as many as 20 calls a day of people wanting to buy my house.

I began telling them I am not ********** I am Mike stewart I do not own that adress you mentioned some fooll named ************ does and I get 100 calls a week about him and I do not own any properties I rent.
They are so dumb they then ask me if I have any houses to sell.

I tell them all that again and many tell me they will remove my name from the list.

I get maybe a dozen of those calls a week now.
Much quieter.

Maybe you could answer some of those calls and tell them you got the wrong guy.

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went back in my text logs and found one that wasn't tagged as spam.

Tapping the 3 dots in the first pic brings up the menu in the 2nd pic, block and report spam brings up the text box in the 3rd pic.

This is Android, but I'm sure the process on an IPhone is similar. Or i would hope so lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241023_212223_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20241023_212223_Messages.jpg
    221.5 KB
  • Screenshot_20241023_212230_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20241023_212230_Messages.jpg
    280.8 KB
  • Screenshot_20241023_212244_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20241023_212244_Messages.jpg
    317 KB

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would not send any money ever to a person with a credit card and give a #
I have never sent any money to anyone unless it was in a birthday card and I placed a stamp on it.

Surely there is a way to set up a phone to block calls that are not in your friends list.

May never know because these STUPID expensive cell phones do not come with an instruction book.

Let me hand you a Berco cam grinder and a Crank grinder and some cam and crank cores and turn you loose without any instructions..OH and you will need to wire these up and cut some masters so you can grind cams.

Insanity.
People still fall for it and get the cell phone anyway.

OOOOHHHHH It just dawned on me.
HA!

Really though I will not post what dawned on me.

But I do hope you get it figured out as calls from anyone that you do not want to talk to is horrible.

I have people call my home phone all the time and used to be as many as 20 calls a day of people wanting to buy my house.

I began telling them I am not ********** I am Mike stewart I do not own that adress you mentioned some fooll named ************ does and I get 100 calls a week about him and I do not own any properties I rent.
They are so dumb they then ask me if I have any houses to sell.

I tell them all that again and many tell me they will remove my name from the list.

I get maybe a dozen of those calls a week now.
Much quieter.

Maybe you could answer some of those calls and tell them you got the wrong guy.
Last call I got offering to buy my house, I said it burned down last month...Mike drop

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been getting messages that say they come from the Trump campaign asking for money; I don't trust them, I just delete them.
But all they need to know is one thing, are you going to vote for Trump? Then they start threatening me. You haven't responded! We need you to respond now! You are going to be dropped from our rolls if you don't respond. Screw them. Biden screwed my family over so bad financially, everyone else can go suck one.

They are a scam. How do I know they go to the RNC or the Trump presidential campaign?

Ain't getting my money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom