Ruger 10 22 not what they used to be

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first rifle was a 10 22. Present from my dad, 43 years ago. I must have shot a ton of 22 ammo through that rifle. Never a problem. I recently bought a new 10 22 and it has been terrible about jamming, double feed and stove pipes. New springs and ejectors are on order. Ticks me somewhat that I have to spend more money on a new rifle just to get it to run right.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you try different ammo? I have a 10/22 stainless about 25 years old and it is extremely ammo sensitive. Ran the best on Remington thunderbolt, never had any issue with when I used that, but all kinds of issue with federal which was typically my go to (wasn’t the batch or ammo, this stayed true over many years)

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you try different ammo? I have a 10/22 stainless about 25 years old and it is extremely ammo sensitive. Ran the best on Remington thunderbolt, never had any issue with when I used that, but all kinds of issue with federal which was typically my go to (wasn’t the batch or ammo, this stayed true over many years)
Winchester Remington CCI Federal and even if it was ammo specific, that would still piss me off. The old guns you could put any ammo in it and it would run like a sewing machine

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when they went from walnut stock to hardwood the quality went down. I still prefer solid walnut to laminate plywood or plastic stocks. plastic just sux period.
I agree. If you want a quality gun, you have to go back to the early 90's or so. Seems like technology took the place of craftsmanship.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought two about four years ago, one for me and one for my grandson. Neither would run a mag through them without jamming. Very frustrating. Bolt felt like it was running over gravel when working it. Finish inside the receiver was terrible even had what looked like paint runs.
QC is apparently non-existent

Latest posts

Top Bottom