Speaking of spaghetti...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard that someone is opening a new Pinnochio's in Norman. I wonder if they'll do the all-you-can-eat spaghetti like the original...
Yeah, the article I read stated that they were planning on being open the 1st quarter of 2022, but I'm guessing that hasn't panned out yet. I'm looking forward to them opening up again. The one on Lindsay was one of the first places my wife and I went on a date. I'm not sure if that was a good or bad thing. 😁 😁 😁

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$1 2 hunts garlic Spaghetti sauce.
$1 Great value 1lb noodles.
$7 2lb bag of Italian meat balls.
$1 Loaf of Italian bread to make garlic bread with.

I like Italian food in general and usually make it at home. I can feed the whole family for about 8 bucks with leftovers
I'm sorry, but I just can't take anyone serious that talks about Italian food, but lists Hunts "spaghetti sauce" as one of the ingredients. 😁

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I just can't take anyone serious that talks about Italian food, but lists Hunts "spaghetti sauce" as one of the ingredients. 😁
You have to use at least Ragu. Their Simply sauce is not bad. Not homemade, but not bad. No sugar unlike a lot of the store bought sauces.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to use at least Ragu. Their Simply sauce is not bad. Not homemade, but not bad. No sugar unlike a lot of the store bought sauces.
I can honestly say that I haven't used a store bought sauce for pasta in at least a couple of years. The time it takes me to make a good marinara with fresh ingredients isn't that much longer than plopping it out of a can. And it's WORLD'S better.
My lasagna, on the other hand, takes me two days and I get very disappointed looks from my family when I don't make it for Christmas and Thanksgiving every year. My mom even loved it and she HATED everyone else's lasagna. 😁

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can honestly say that I haven't used a store bought sauce for pasta in at least a couple of years. The time it takes me to make a good marinara with fresh ingredients isn't that much longer than plopping it out of a can. And it's WORLD'S better.
My lasagna, on the other hand, takes me two days and I get very disappointed looks from my family when I don't make it for Christmas and Thanksgiving every year. My mom even loved it and she HATED everyone else's lasagna. 😁
Yea, yea, rub it in. I am polish there are some things we can make well, Italian food, not among them.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love the stuff. Not sweet like a lot of the others. I don’t have all day to make the stuff from scratch. If I’m buying it out of a can or jar, hunts it is.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My stepson likes Ragu. It taste more like marinara to me. Too sweet. I prefer mine more of a garlic taste. My favorite is definitely Hunts garlic.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you say you make your own and it takes almost as long as popping it out of a can I’m guessing everything else is coming out of a can?

Boiling tomatoes and skinning tomatoes chopping up onions, celery, garlic and peppers, stewing it all and then blending it. It takes a little longer then plopping it out of a can.

I was a bachelor for 40 years and I like keeping things simple. I can cook if I need to but simple is better. Just like the military taught me. Keep it simple and quick. I’m not trying to impress anybody. Im old, fat and slow now

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love the stuff. Not sweet like a lot of the others. I don’t have all day to make the stuff from scratch. If I’m buying it out of a can or jar, hunts it is.
This^
Hunts Garlic Spaghetti Sauce is highly underrated. Outside of the making your own, it is the best bang for the buck. Our go to which is better but much more expensive is Raos

Latest posts

Top Bottom