Speaking of spaghetti...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried some of the spaghetti sauce that comes in a mason jar (about 24 ounces I think).
Don't remember which one I got but it really needed some doctoring (extra flavor) even for my very simple palate.
I've been "educated" that the other flavors are better than the one I got.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my "Italian" and "Mexican" canned goods cabinet. Cans are filled to the back of the cabinet.

View attachment 267704

With all my add-ins to the Hunt's, I've found that the flavor of the sauce really doesn't change the end product.
I'm just envious of having that much available cabinet space. I really like our house, but dang if we didn't get short changed on the kitchen.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also have a thin round rod with a 90* 'hook' on the end so I can pull the rows up so I can put the new purchases at the back............

:anyone:

😲😲 Ohhhhhhhh!! THAT'S a GREAT idea!! I always just take them all out and then but them back in. Gives me a chance to look at the cans and make sure everything is still good -- especially the tomato-based stuff ... But that's a great idea (did I mention that?? 😋🤷) when I just wanna get it DONE!

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe I've ever eaten spaghetti that wasn't under our own roof. Pizza yes anything else Italian the honey does up. If I didn't maintain a nice long tapeworm my azz would be thick. lol.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
😲😲 Ohhhhhhhh!! THAT'S a GREAT idea!! I always just take them all out and then but them back in. Gives me a chance to look at the cans and make sure everything is still good -- especially the tomato-based stuff ... But that's a great idea (did I mention that?? 😋🤷) when I just wanna get it DONE!
Y'all are more sophisticated than me.
But I do take a sharpie and clearly mark the Month and Year of Expiration Date (like "AUG 24" for August of 2024) on top of canned goods.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Costco is the most affordable place for Raos. I think you get two large jars for ~$9.00. At other stores I have seen them charge almost that for one smaller jar.
My wife is a clean eater so the Raos is her favorite due to the quality of ingredients.
Rao's is the BEST. Costco is the best place to buy, especially when they put it on sale. These are the larger jars.

Recently Crest Foods has stocked Rao's at a very good price.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a fan of a to much garlic, and the wife can not eat it if it does have it. (she sleeps in a coffin too) The Ragu Simply is not as sweet and we both like it better that the regular Ragu.
As an example of how much garlic I use, this is for just one batch of marinara for tonight's dinner. 😁
That cutting board it is on is about 11"x15" or so.

20220425_173645.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom