What Skills do you possess?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Survival Skills do you possess?

• Total voters

CastleB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Medical/first responder training
electrical
mechanical
hunting / shooting
Never give up attitude
leadership skills / Following skills
Open minded to training for whatever is needed

redneckgearhead

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grew up on a dairy farm, can redneck engineer anything, gardening, Mechanical skills are above average, can fix anything. Was a basic emt in Rogers county for couple years. My mind seems to focus better the crazier things get.

JamestheJust

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a good topic. Camping/ Backpacking is such good training and combined with hunting is great practice. I tried backpacking from Mexico to Canada once. We made it about 250 miles before having to rethink our idea.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a good topic. Camping/ Backpacking is such good training and combined with hunting is great practice. I tried backpacking from Mexico to Canada once. We made it about 250 miles before having to rethink our idea.

I'm curious ... what happened to make you decide it wasn't a good idea?? (Not picking on you, I'm really, truly curious ...)

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm going to die.

Of those listed, I can fish (never cleaned a fish) and shoot and some have said, I also reload. For someone who has a lot to learn, what would anyone suggest they start learning. Keep in mind, if something were to happen, my wife and I don't plan on leaving our house, we're working on food storage, but that's about it so far.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I'm with BadgeBunny on this one. 250 miles is a pretty long trek to give it up then, seems to me, unless there were some physical issues which were going to blow up everyone. I guess I would've believed that the trekking habits were pretty well ingrained and the bodies were pretty well hardened up by then.

To me, this is an interesting data point because folks discuss the idea of having to pack out. I've never done the Appalachian Trail or anything like that, but done some longer treks back in the day.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to die.

Of those listed, I can fish (never cleaned a fish) and shoot and some have said, I also reload. For someone who has a lot to learn, what would anyone suggest they start learning. Keep in mind, if something were to happen, my wife and I don't plan on leaving our house, we're working on food storage, but that's about it so far.

You can practice a good deal of that in your backyard, and you're right, you'll probably never have to leave there. But just in case...

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't read through everyone's skills but I learn a lot from UFC and I have watched all of the bourne trilogy movies. I know I can pick up karate or jiu-jitsu real fast.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to die.

First, you aren't gonna die ... lol

Second, sounds like you have a pretty good start. Pick something you don't know how to do that interests you and have a go at it. That's how I did it. Nothing fancy ... just one day at a time ... Next thing you know you have a houseful of "junk" and a bunch of "hobbies", all of which may help keep you alive in certain situations and ... well ... if those situations never occur ... then they make for interesting internet banter ... :wink2:

I didn't read through everyone's skills but I learn a lot from UFC and I have watched all of the bourne trilogy movies. I know I can pick up karate or jiu-jitsu real fast.

It's amazing what you can learn watching tv, huh?? I learned all my really good tricks from watching tv ... :naughty:

Latest posts

Top Bottom