What's up with this winter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've only been here a few years, coming from up north, and no winter here has been the same. To where you could really call it a winter.

and if you went out and bought a 4x4 just for the "snow" then shame on you. haha

big 4x4 trucks/suvs dont make you any better of a driver or invincible in the snow. I used to get around in a car up north just fine.

probably because they keep up with the snow removal better...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and if you went out and bought a 4x4 just for the "snow" then shame on you. haha

big 4x4 trucks/suvs dont make you any better of a driver or invincible in the snow. I used to get around in a car up north just fine.

You are correct. But sometime somewhere an enviro-wienie will be upset at just the sight of a gas guzzling, polluting, big scary pickup driving down the road. That alone is worth owning one.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i've only been here a few years, coming from up north, and no winter here has been the same. To where you could really call it a winter.

I purchased a 4x4 mainly cause I drove it off the lot for almost 50% off sticker. Some purchases I dont walk away from.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I got a 4WD Tacoma, so I guess it's mother nature cackling wickedly at me also.

But know this, if we don't get a good hard freeze for four or five weeks, we're going to be swarmed with ticks and mosquitoes this summer.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently there is an extremely abnormal weather system anomaly that is preventing the jet stream from reaching the lower 48. That same system caused Alaska to have a snowfall that broke all the records since records have been kept up there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I got a 4WD Tacoma, so I guess it's mother nature cackling wickedly at me also.

But know this, if we don't get a good hard freeze for four or five weeks, we're going to be swarmed with ticks and mosquitoes this summer.

Tacoma's ROCK. I've rolled 275,000 miles on mine, and just got back from New Mexico with it. Had the oil changed, and used less than 1/2 quart for the whole trip.

Now, as far as the freeze needing to whup the insects, a hard freeze won't do it.

Winters in Michigan, and other states have a much worse tick and skeeter problem than we do. They have temps way below zero for long periods of time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom