10 22 Barrel swap?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bureau602

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son has a 10/22 and I am thinking about getting a .920 barrel and stock for him. Is the barrel something that can be put on without a gunsmith? Anything I should know before attempting this?

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I changed mine years ago piece of cake. You may want to look at Green Mountain barrels. I bought their tapered barrel and used my Walnut stock. A .920 straight barrel changes the balance but thats what most use ... your coin.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not hard. I don't know how old your son is, but when mine was about 11 or 12 I bought a Butler Creek carbon fiber barrel. My kids loved it. It is super light.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is super easy. Just need to remove the screw that holds on the stock and use an allen wrench to remove the block. As previously stated, check out rimfirecentral. It has TONS of advice. Also, consider checking out the tactical solutions barrels. They are an aluminum barrel with a chromoly steel sleeve.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
easy as pie...take off (loosen) barrel band and slip off. unscrew stock screw, this will release action/barrel from stock. You will see the block that holds the barrel to the receiver with two allen screws, take them out, twist barrel and it is loose., install in reverse order..nothing complex to it.

skrinar70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also when you take the barreled action out of the stock, more importantly I guess when you put it in the new stock, center the safety between safe and fire and it will slide in and out better...

Latest posts

Top Bottom