1st bolt action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks!

I may or may not have found a 700 classic in 6.5x55 :teehee:
I get to talk to the guy about it in an hour or so. Also, he's interested in a cowboy lever action, which I am trying to sell to fund the 6.5x55.

This might just work... we will see

Last edited:

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks!

I may or may not have found a 700 classic in 6.5x55 :teehee:
I get to talk to the guy about it in an hour or so. Also, he's interested in a cowboy lever action, which I am trying to sell to fund the 6.5x55.

This might just work... we will see

I would want to know the Remington's twist. The Tikka has an 8 twist which is great. Second I would need proof of how the Rem shoots. Tikka's generally shoot very good.

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That Remington in 6.5 x 55mm is very, very likely one of the Classic series of 700's. For a number of years, Remington would offer a limited run of rifles chambered for some older, "classic" caliber, in a gussied up 700 special edition rifle it called, what else, the 700 Classic. Each year brought a new Classic, in a different caliber each year. IIRC, the 6.5 X55mm Classic came out in the mid-to-late '80s. If unfired, it would make you a very nice first bolt action rifle.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That Remington in 6.5 x 55mm is very, very likely one of the Classic series of 700's. For a number of years, Remington would offer a limited run of rifles chambered for some older, "classic" caliber, in a gussied up 700 special edition rifle it called, what else, the 700 Classic. Each year brought a new Classic, in a different caliber each year. IIRC, the 6.5 X55mm Classic came out in the mid-to-late '80s. If unfired, it would make you a very nice first bolt action rifle.

I do believe this is the case, I believe the year was 1994.

Latest posts

Top Bottom