Another First AR build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truckmann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And M4 feedramps and accuracy :thumb:
Well at least I'm still getting those...lol I think

It's all good I'm sure the Stag barrel is more than adequate for anything I will use it for. I did originally want the 1-7 barrel but doubtful I will be shooting the heavier rounds to take advantage of it so the 1-9 will be fine for me.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Stag barrel will not have m4 ramps. Even if they did they'd be useless since your upper doesn't have them. Or I shoild say your upper shoudnt have them if you plan on using a barrel that doesn't have them because that is not a good combo if the upper has feedramps but the barrel ext doesn't.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Mega upper is suppose to be an M4 feed ramp upper.

You can tell by looking:

awww.ar15barrels.com_gfx_feedramps.jpg

I don't believe the Stag barrel has M4 ramps, and if your Mega upper does, then you'd have a mismatch (which is fixable via dremel, but if I were you'd I want it to be right...and get the Daniel Defense barrel).

Honestly...you're gonna be spending the money on a free float tube in the long wrong anyways. Pony up now and you'll save a little...Not to mention you'll have a nicer piece of hardware. That upper deserves a good pipe.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm confused. Is this not listed correctly as an M4 barrel?
http://www.m4store.net/index.php?p=product&id=105&parent=11

The Mega upper is suppose to be an M4 feed ramp upper.

That's an M4 Profile barrel - the barrel profile gets skinny and fat where the M4 standard contour says it should - if its not listed as an "M4 barrel", usually the manufacturer is trying to hide the fact that it does not have the M4 feedramps.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

truckmann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are all correct. The Stag barrel assemblies normally do not come with M4 feed ramps. However, the place I ordered from is getting me one assembled with the M4 feed ramps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom