AR BCG wont go either direction!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This can happen with broken bolt, cam pin, or firing pin where whatever is broken allows the cam pin to turn slightly and dig into the receiver. The cam pin should be kept in alignment while in the gas key groove in the receiver but when it gets to the cam pin releif cutout in the upper and doesn't have the firing pin aligning it, it can turn a bit or worse, 90 degrees. Then, every time the bolt hits a cartridge in the mag the front left edge of the cam pin whacks the side of the groove and digs in a little until it has a good notch to completely lock into. If it made a full 90 degree turn i'm 95% sure it could cause the problem you have by really digging that cam pin corner into the receiver at the bolt-to-brass contact location.

This guy had the same issue but he found smashed gas rings: http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=514242

ArmyOfJuan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK...so Spikes won't answer the phone or take voice messages. They say that the only way to get in touch with them is via email. So, OSA, how long do I wait for a reply before I just take care of this and hope for the best?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you buy it right from Spike's or from a local dealer? If you bought it from a local dealer, you might give them a chance to stand behind their merchandise.

If you got it right from Spikes and they aren't responding, I'd be pissed!

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually stay out of these problems, I think Rockeman has the answer here. I am willing to take a look free of charge. I am out until next week, but i have been successful at saving most broken cam pun uppers. Give me a shout only if you wish. I am in Edmond. Kurt. kam3gnr@Yahoo

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you buy it right from Spike's or from a local dealer? If you bought it from a local dealer, you might give them a chance to stand behind their merchandise.

If you got it right from Spikes and they aren't responding, I'd be pissed!

Dealers don't warranty manufacturer problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom