AR BCG wont go either direction!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmyOfJuan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so, before bashing the BCG with a mallet to free it, I want to get a pro gunsmith to "sign off" that it is stuck and that it is a freak occurrence and so forth so that I can contact Spikes if it gets f'd in the process. Any suggestions of who to go see? Edmond or Guthrie would be great, but i can take it wherever in OKC.

After that, from reading, I think I need to just knock it loose, take lots of pictures of the inside and post them here for "educational" purposes, and the good of the forum. Thoughts?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After that, from reading, I think I need to just knock it loose, take lots of pictures of the inside and post them here for "educational" purposes, and the good of the forum. Thoughts?
If you're going to ask Spikes to stand behind it if it gets boogered in the process, I'd talk to them first and see what they say--heck, maybe they'll even fix it for you.

Either way, I would like to see pics--'tis a puzzlement, this.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
have you removed the gas tube yet? most likely gastube or gas key problem.
If it were a gas key problem, it should also be binding the charging handle, but he said it's moving freely. That, to me, indicates that it can't be anything above the carrier; it has to be along the sides.

As for the gas tube, the BCG is too far back to be directly contacting the gas tube, plus the charging handle moves freely, and the gas tube passes through the end of the charging handle, so that seems unlikely.

Last edited:

ArmyOfJuan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry guys....waiting on Spikes to reply to my email. I'm calling Monday, if I don't hear anything sooner. I promise I'll post lots of info once I get the OK from Spikes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom