Contact with LEO and CCW experiences.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Experience when CCW and LEO contact

• Total voters

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not all LE is 2A friendly. I worked with a deputy for a short time who was adamantly against anyone except LE owning, possessing or carrying guns. I was at the Sheriffs office one day and I was helping people process their CC applications and prints and I noticed he was in an obviously bad mood.

I asked him about it and he unloaded his feelings about it. I told him that the constitution and the law allowed it and his response was that “all that BS needs to go away.”

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assumed when the new CC law went into effect that the FIRST question from LEO would be "do you have any weapons?" Has that been the case typically?

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
pulled over in 55 mph doin 65 . showed OHP driver license & cc . He said want u got . Said 45 1911 He said well yours is bigger than mine. we both laughed.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's this about "official contact", other than "during the course of any arrest, detainment, or routine traffic stop"?

Probably annoyed because...
"No person shall be required to identify himself or herself as a handgun licensee or as lawfully in possession of any other firearm if the law enforcement officer does not demand the information"

Barn Dog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OHP has always professional and friendly with me on the rare occasion I've had to have a conversation with them. There was one city police officer in west Siloam that was a complete d-bag about it though.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got pulled over early one morning coming back from getting a sedative MRI not to long ago. I was going east on NE 23rd street through Nicoma Park headed to Harrah. I stopped my truck rolled down my window put both hands at the top of my steering wheel and waited on the officer to approach. He informed me that I was doing 57 mph in a construction zone. (They were replacing gas tanks at a station off of the street and had markers in the lot but none out on the street). I immediately told him I had my carry license and was armed. He said thank you for letting him know. He asked for my license and I told him I would have to reach in my back left hand pocket to get it and my insurance is in the overhead pocket. He said that would be fine. I gave him both licenses and insurance and he went back an ran my info. He came back and told me to just slow down coming through there. I said thank you for just giving me a warning and I said that I would. We made a little small talk and then he asked me out of curiosity where my gun was located in my pickup. I said I have one down by my right leg and one on my belly. Also told him Mother (my wife) had one in her purse. His eyes got a little bigger and he said well you can't be too careful these days. I said no you can't with all these hoodlums running around. I know some are gonna say I didn't have to do it that way or tell anything at all about us carrying our firearms. Fact is we had a non confrontational encounter with law enforcement and I got to go home and eat my breakfast without worrying about paying a ticket. Y'all do it your way and I'll do it mine...

Last edited:

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be 100% clear, since I got my ccw permit, about 20 years ago, I have not been pulled over for traffic violation. I have been in 2 vehicles that were pulled over and those were the days of “must inform” and there were no issues. I have been in an auto accident and informed and had no issues. I have had contact with an officer in passing, where they contacted me regarding my witnessing of things and I informed, these were the few times that they seemed annoyed. Only 2 times I have been in contact where I was the main person they were making contact with (auto accident and when I had to call after being forced to pull my weapon in a self defense situation). Auto accident was non issue, asked if it was secured since the car was totaled. The other was kind of obvious I was armed. Asked if it was secure and then we handled the report. Again, not meant to be a bashing thread, just a question I had.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the event I do get pulled over I will have my license, ccw permit, insurance, registration and probably my retired commission card in hand out the window well before the officer gets there. I always believe in being prepared and to make others jobs easier. I said it before and will say again, I always wanted to know if someone had a weapon so I will always inform.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’ve been stopped once on the bike and twice in a car. Each time I had my license in 1 hand and concealed card in the other in plain sight when the officer approached. 2 of them let me go with verbal warning. 1 of them wrote me for 10 over when he got me at 27 over. All 3 were polite and chatted a bit before letting me go. When I was on the bike he chatted for almost 30 minutes and I had been riding for 23 hours in a timed endurance rally in Colorado.
Interesting story there was I had a cheeseburger in my pocket. While we were talking a stray dog ran out of the woods and started sniffing my pocket. I took it out and gave it to him. The officer said “been doing this for 20 years and I’ve never seen that happen”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom