1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Contact with LEO and CCW experiences.

Discussion in 'Law & Order' started by TSQUARE, Dec 18, 2020.

Experience when CCW and LEO contact

1. Positive (they seem appreciative you informed)

88.4%
  2. Negative (they seem annoyed you informed)

4.7%
  3. I’m a law breaking rebel and don’t inform

7.0%
  1. TedKennedy

TedKennedy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Nearly the same thing happened to me in Sapulpa about two years ago. Ignorant cop asked to seize my Glock, I stated plainly in front of another cop, "take it, but I am not giving permission", I asked what threat or action I had done to warrant the seizure, she replied "nothing". After a huddle with some other officers she returned my gun, asked me not to load it yet, and didn't write me a ticket. I obtained a dvd of the second cops body cam and sent it to my lawyer. It was a blatant violation of the law - he was going to get it to Don Spencer, not sure if Don ever got it or not. (And yes I informed when pulled over, or silly girl would not have known I had it)

FWIW - I've had two run-ins with LEOs since that one, and both times the cops were friendly, and seemed to care less that I had a weapon. (in the latest incident, which involved me violating the speed limit in a grand fashion, there was a freaking pile of guns in the truck lol - dude didn't bat an eye)

Matt Giroux likes this.
  2. Matt Giroux

Matt Giroux Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I had a similar incident not long ago while transporting a good haul of consignment pieces and ammunition. After business was done between us for my violation of the speed limit. The officer asked if I had anything of a certain variety that would interest him and we ended up doing business at a later date.

MacFromOK, Snattlerake and TedKennedy like this.
  3. Backstrap

Backstrap Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Which ones require this?