Deer Season 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the nannie Dennis, and on filling all your tags! I've got one doe tag left, so I'm going to go give it a sit in the stand tonight. Been so long since I have been in the stand, and flung an arrow for that matter, better take a few practice rounds at lunch.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting, 98332..................as the web page sit from last night, so I hit refresh to see the count this morning and now it's 98329?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Beautiful evening tonight. Seen a dozen doe, about twice that many turkey but none were close enough for a shot. Coyotes were howling, owls chatting like it was spring, constant sound of snow geese......good night to end the season.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful evening tonight. Seen a dozen doe, about twice that many turkey but none were close enough for a shot. Coyotes were howling, owls chatting like it was spring, constant sound of snow geese......good night to end the season.

I've hunted that area for 40+ years, never saw a turkey until two years ago. Got pics of them hitting the feeder earlier this season, but none since.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I've hunted that area for 40+ years, never saw a turkey until two years ago. Got pics of them hitting the feeder earlier this season, but none since.

I was hunting closer to home tonight and wasn't up there. There's been turkey NW and West of your round top for the last 4 years that I know of, and where I usually hunt north of you, I guess there's birds in there every spring...........just found that out last year, I'm never there in the spring and never thought to look! :)

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My turkey population is growing too, and I hope it continues. I'm not much of a "turkey hunter", but I sure do like having them on the place and seeing them.

I don't know where they came from, but I saw a group of 4 in May and now have 28(+/-) in a couple game cam pictures. I hope the planting I'm planning to do will encourage them to hang around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom