Election 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote

• Total voters

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
^^This, and this "moderate", compromise mind set, right is right and I see no reason to placate the other side compromising what is right.I do not and will not support most liberal left leaning policy.

what is "right"? Right is subjective. Goverenment and politics was, is and always will be about comprimising. Unless you want to live in a totalitarian system.

What i find most interesting about your statement is the fact that you say you "will not support most liberal left leaning policy". Your statement implies that there are some "left leaning" policies that you do or would support. THEREFORE we can find comprimise.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What about people who don't believe in authoritarian, expansive big government?

You can't try to force bifurcation on those people. It just doesn't work. For those people, when the Reps and Dems are stuck in a gridlock fighting with each other, it's win/win.

your right, for those who dont believe in authoritarian expansive big government, theres no negoiating with them.

If they truely want a smaller government then they can sit down, explain their ideas and participate in the POLITICAL process, which is call negotiating. When you negotiate you compromise. Like it or not thats the process, unless they really want a AUTHORITARIAN government.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you are a solid Second Amendment supporter, how can you support Barry? He has already appointed two anti Second Amendment Supremes. All he needs to do is replace one conservative Supreme with an anti gunner and we will be headed back to the dark ages. Carry will go away as will our guns or at least our ammo. The chances are really good that the next president will appoint at least two Supremes, if not three. That alone is reason not to support BO.

I am very pro 2A, but i base my vote on other issues besides gun rights.
Romneys record speaks for itself, he is not a 2nd Ammendment friend.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Choosing between these two is like choosing which steaming plate you want to eat:

Horse$#!t

or

Bull$#!t

I don't like my selection of choices at all.

I support gun rights, and I am anti-abortion. BUT, right now, if we don't get our finances in order, where will we be in 5 years? 10? 20? You can only go so long spending more than you make; sooner or later you have to pay the piper. Or he takes away your kids. I'd like to see more gun rights, and no abortion; but we could also be worse off: no gun rights and forced abortions. At this time, our first priority should be to get economy back on it's feet. And to get the annual deficit eliminated.

I still don't know who I will vote for. Obamacare vs Romneycare? Really, how much different are they? It kinda comes down to R vs D. My concern is that if we get Romney in, many R's will not pay as much attention to what's going on. "Hey, we got an R in office, how bad can he be?"

PS, not bringing up those points as something to discuss in this thread, just a couple hot topics among many people.

jwv

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Choosing between these two is like choosing which steaming plate you want to eat:

Horse$#!t

or

Bull$#!t

I support gun rights, and I am anti-abortion. BUT, right now, if we don't get our finances in order, where will we be in 5 years? 10? 20? You can only go so long spending more than you make; sooner or later you have to pay the piper. Or he takes away your kids. I'd like to see more gun rights, and no abortion; but we could also be worse off: no gun rights and forced abortions. At this time, our first priority should be to get economy back on it's feet. And to get the annual deficit eliminated.

I still don't know who I will vote for. Obamacare vs Romneycare? Really, how much different are they? It kinda comes down to R vs D. My concern is that if we get Romney in, many R's will not pay as much attention to what's going on. "Hey, we got an R in office, how bad can he be?"

PS, not bringing up those points as something to discuss in this thread, just a couple hot topics among many people.

That pretty much explains it in a nutshell. Not much difference at all. I think Obummer will definitely pull more crap just because he knows it's the last time around for him. With Romney it will at least take him a second term to start doing his dumb stunts. Just a liberal RINO who goes with which ever way the wind might be blowing.Our choices, which poison do you want?

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am very pro 2A, but i base my vote on other issues besides gun rights.
Romneys record speaks for itself, he is not a 2nd Ammendment friend.

I agree that Romney's stand on the Second Amendment is not great, but I believe we can make him a better person through our actions. However, with Obama, we know he is an enemy of the Second Amendment and we will have no control over him in a lame duck presidency. The Supreme Court appointments made in the next four year term will make radical changes in America, depending on who makes the appointments. If for no other reason, I want Romney to make those appointments. I am not a great Romney fan, he was not my first choice, but he is who we have at this point.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here is a link to a Reuters story that shows the thinking of the Obama Administration and the Hillary State Department.

The UN arms treaty is an end run around the Second Amendment. Now you will have Blue Helmeted UN troops coming to get your guns. Our Military would never turn on Americans, but the UN troops are not Americans. I am not a conspiracy theorist or believe in black helicopters, but I am worried about the influence Barry could have in four more years.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here is a link to a Reuters story that shows the thinking of the Obama Administration and the Hillary State Department.

The UN arms treaty is an end run around the Second Amendment. Now you will have Blue Helmeted UN troops coming to get your guns. Our Military would never turn on Americans, but the UN troops are not Americans. I am not a conspiracy theorist or believe in black helicopters, but I am worried about the influence Barry could have in four more years.

your fears are not realistic. You believe the blue helmits of the UN can invade the US and forcibly take our guns? The mighty UN couldnt invade Libya without our help. The UN is nothing without us.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Horse$#!t

or

Bull$#!t

i agree, for me its the gridlock and loss of manufacturing jobs. I think the spending and debt thing will work itself out like it did during the 80s under Reagan and 90s under Clinton.

Latest posts

Top Bottom