Everything BBQ!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did some pork loin ribs and marinated pork belly today. Cooked them on the cookshack for about 4 hours, then brushed on some BBQ sauce, and caramelized Them on the propane grill.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160516_26b2f8ca972ded8581f05f58b871eab9.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. For those who have been, is the one in Tulsa the same?

Just picked up three racks of babybacks. Gotta go get 'em seasoned up and throw 'em on the smoker for tonight. :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, do you have any pictures of the finished belly?

The first time I did pork belly, it was done with no seasonings or marinades. Unfortunately it came out bland in taste.
This time, It was marinated in an equal mix of Soy, Terakihi, and Worcestershire sauce for about 4 hours. It made a great improvement in the flavor. Marinating overnight may be the key to full flavor.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160516_24418c9d4dc507b0d92bf62ba70aa189.jpg

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dry brine rub my Q with course salt since only salt penetrates meat, on thick cuts brine for 12-24 hours, thin cuts like chops and ribs a couple hours is fine, now add whatever rub you prefer since it will cause the crust that we all like. Then cook it to perfection in your smoker and mop or spritz as you like.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the wet brining process, using salt and brown sugar, its supposed to be the combo that infuses the seasonings mixed with brine into the meat using osmosis.

That being said, other food experts say that crusting the meat with just salt is the way to go. I've never done that, but its on my agenda now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom