Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went out with a guide last weekend crappie fishing. We found tons of fish on brush piles but could not get them to bite anything. We put different types/colors of jigs and live minnow right in front of them and could not get a limit.
The guide felt so bad that he gave us another guided trip this fall for free. I can’t wait. The coolest thing about the trip was that I got to lean a lot about using the Garmin Live Scope. The Live Scope is amazing. It really helps you find them but doesn’t guarantee you catch them. LOL!!!!
I really want a Live Scope now.

IMG_0102.jpeg

IMG_0100.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went out with a guide last weekend crappie fishing. We found tons of fish on brush piles but could not get them to bite anything. We put different types/colors of jigs and live minnow right in front of them and could not get a limit.
The guide felt so bad that he gave us another guided trip this fall for free. I can’t wait. The coolest thing about the trip was that I got to lean a lot about using the Garmin Live Scope. The Live Scope is amazing. It really helps you find them but doesn’t guarantee you catch them. LOL!!!!

View attachment 507300

View attachment 507301
I had the live scope installed on my boat, but haven't been home long enough to learn how to use it. There is a steep learning curve and takes practice to tune it for the different depths. I'll get it eventually.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 507300

View attachment 507301
I love mine, its a game changer! I feel like most people spend way too much time trying to adjust settings for a perfect picture instead of finding the fish then finding what they may want to eat.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the live scope installed on my boat, but haven't been home long enough to learn how to use it. There is a steep learning curve and takes practice to tune it for the different depths. I'll get it eventually.
I hear you Dennis. I have the time just not the Live Scope. I’m at Grand Lake just about every weekend. I really want one but the wife can’t see me spending that kind of money. But we will see.
I love mine, it’s a game changer! I feel like most people spend way too much time trying to adjust settings for a perfect picture instead of finding the fish then finding what they may want to eat.
I’m sure you’re right. We found them, just couldn’t get them to eat. We were fishing with many different color and weight choices in jig and using live minnows. It just wasn’t our day but it has gotten me really excited about the Live Scope. Now, that’s all I think about. 😂🤣😂

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you Dennis. I have the time just not the Live Scope. I’m at Grand Lake just about every weekend. I really want one but the wife can’t see me spending that kind of money. But we will see.

I’m sure you’re right. We found them, just couldn’t get them to eat. We were fishing with many different color and weight choices in jig and using live minnows. It just wasn’t our day but it has gotten me really excited about the Live Scope. Now, that’s all I think about. 😂🤣😂
Honestly right now most people are upgrading to the LVS34 and bigger monitors. You can pick up their LVS32 and 10" monitors pretty cheap on marketplace. My buddy has the 12" monitor and I think my 10" has a better screen/picture. I'm thinking about getting a 2nd one to mount on the back of the boat to make it easier for a second person to fish.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly right now most people are upgrading to the LVS34 and bigger monitors. You can pick up their LVS32 and 10" monitors pretty cheap on marketplace. My buddy has the 12" monitor and I think my 10" has a better screen/picture. I'm thinking about getting a 2nd one to mount on the back of the boat to make it easier for a second person to fish.
Thanks Kirk,
I’ll start checking out marketplace. Hit me up if you hear of anyone updating and wanting to get rid of theirs.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at a fish fry last night at a buddy's house and had some white perch fillets. They reminded me of bluegill or crappie. The buddy fishes Sooner for them and always catches alot on most trips. No wonder he loves eating and catching them. Looks like I am going to start fishing for them.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here, the pixel rate is the same on the 10" & 12", so the 10" shows a crisper picture. So far, the LS shows me when to change presentation style and/or baits. I only need to spook one fish now, rather than all of them! :)

I was at a fish fry last night at a buddy's house and had some white perch fillets. They reminded me of bluegill or crappie. The buddy fishes Sooner for them and always catches alot on most trips. No wonder he loves eating and catching them. Looks like I am going to start fishing for them.
Any red streaks like sandbass or hybrids? I may start keeping them myself instead of just removing them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here, the pixel rate is the same on the 10" & 12", so the 10" shows a crisper picture. So far, the LS shows me when to change presentation style and/or baits. I only need to spook one fish now, rather than all of them! :)

Any red streaks like sandbass or hybrids? I may start keeping them myself instead of just removing them.
Just cut out the red meat. Your good to go. The northern living folks in Minnesota catch and eat them all the time. Bilge water dump from a freighter boat coming out of the fish's natural homeland is what is said to have brought them to the great lakes. Then dumb-asses started transplanting them to private lakes and ponds which introduced them to Oklahoma.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are going to fish Sooner remember to power wash your boat bunks, boat and rinse your engine exhaust with water afterwards to rid any zebra mussels that might have attached themselves or are occupying any wet areas on the boat. Rinse the live wells maybe with a little Chlorox. WE DON'T WANT TO SPREAD ZEBRA MUSSELS TO ANY OTHER WATER IN OKLA. Sooner has a zebra mussel issue. It would be a good idea to put your garden hose attached to your engine water bra and run the engine for a few minutes to flush those possible mussels out of the engine. Rant over! Just being my anal self. Carry on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom