H&H Gun Range: Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support H&H pricing cause the yhave decent range fees?

• Yes, i am wiling to pay a few bucks more in exchange for low range fees

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • No, to hell with them. I buy on the cheap!

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe many folks think that H&H sometimes tends to be a bit higher on some of their gun prices than a lot of other places. But, I have bought numerous guns there. " Why?" you might ask. "Are you just stoopid or whut? Why would you buy guns at a place that might be higher than someplace else?" Well, it boils down to this: for one, the service is generally very good; at least I have always been helped and with a smile. I know a few people who work there and haven't met a bad one yet to be honest. But the main reason I buy guns and stuff there and go to H&H is because I can shoot there almost any day for a damn reasonable price and I want them to make enough money selling guns so they don't jack the range fees up too much! I was down in Frisco, Texas not long ago and the damn range fee was $18...per hour! To heck with that! You can shoot all damn day at H&H for like $10; lots less if you are a member.

So, I support and like H&H and am willing to cough up a lil more dough if I have to (on some things maybe) to purchase merchandise and stuff there in exchange for them offering a decent range at a reasonable price for poor schmo's like me to go pop some rounds off. There you go. H&H has damn fair pricing for the range facility and I sure hope it stays like it is. As long as it does, I'm more than willing to pay a few bucks more (maybe so; maybe not) for my next gun purchase there.

By the way, price J-Frames and Glocks at H&H and Academy and you'll see H&H beats 'em. And pricing at Bass Pro? Fuhgedaboudit!

Last edited:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You needed an "other".

I've got no problem paying a premium for good service and knowledgeable staff.

If fact, that's why I don't buy specialty items from places like Wal-Mart or Target or Ace... I go to a shop where the product I'm looking for is all they sell, and they can tell me the real world details about the goods they are selling to me.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The selection is exceptional. You have a much greater chance of getting good service there than anywhere else in town. Theres very few gun stores in the country like it. The overhead for a store with 100,000sq ft of floor space and millions of dollars worth of guns/ammo/accessories in stock and on display does cost a few bucks more compared to a hole in the wall like most gun places. Some things are way higher than other stores but they're always under MSRP.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shopped there a few times and both times the customer service was poor. Once I had to wait for the guy behind the counter to finish his text before he helped me and the other time, the guy was just rude.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've bought a few guns there. Not a big fan of the range, mostly because of the "shooters". There are some good folks working there, but I get the impression that they have some management issues. Gun shops like that tie up a lot in overhead, so prices tend to be higher. On the other hand, I have noticed it really comes down to what you are looking for. I have had H&H be the least expensive on a couple of occasions compared to some of the other shops proximal to them.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about neither. I don't go to their range because they sell guns and I don't buy their guns because they have a range...I use H&H as one of multiple sources in order to find the best price and have some confidence in my purchase. I've bought more than a few guns from them over the years, but not exclusively.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guns I bought there were from years ago, when they were much smaller, and only sold rental guns and consignments. Both were from Will. One was a S&W 411, and the other a 686. both were very cheap compared to today. Seems like the 686 was $275?

Anyway, save a ton of money. Get a Blue Card membership. No range fee, 4 targets per visit. Walk in, give them your card, shoot, go home. Do it. We live just a few miles from H&H, and go often. If I'm feeling saucy, I might go three or four times in a week. Do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom