I 44 Toll Road from OKC to Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been avoiding the turnpikes for years. Rt66 is a nice drive.
It can be, but can also be very . . . . aggravating when you get behind farmer Joe going 45 on his way to feed cows.

And I'll gladly pay to use I-44 and the Kickapoo Turnpike to avoid driving through all of the choke points in OKC to head down to Seminole County.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if Pluto isn't a planet does that mean Plutonium is no longer an element?
What does Mickey Mouse's dog have to do with a Pike Pass?

Cut employees and put in cams TO SAVE $$$$$

Reality: cost $Ms to purchase and install cams, tear down toll booths and reroute accesses. Raise tolls to cover printing, POSTAGE to send collection notices. Hire people to stuff envelopes and process payments. Raise needed to cover LOSS of toll because tribes refuse to notify State of tag owner.

Went from EFFICIENT system of collecting toll, at time and point of use by 99% of users, to another State run cluster........

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, has been for a bit. Have to pay for the plate cams so they can charge those who ignore tolls or do not have a pikepass. Just wait, the Feds will be charging by the mile, you'll get hit with more charges as you choose to continue to drive.
Add to list of gripes...They don't go after the out of staters when they blow through the tag readers.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously considering just getting a hovercraft and saying up yours Governor. 🛸🧑‍🚀

I guess in the end it’s okay if they charge us to drive on the roads we paid for because welfare folx get a tax break at the grocery store now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom