I 44 Toll Road from OKC to Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess you didn’t catch all the news about it.

Put a bunch of people out of work.
Raised the cost.
Probably give out of state folks a free pass.

All you have to do is wedge a piece of paper over your tag where it can’t be read and blow on through.
Well, if'n the dealer didn't fill out a person's "temporary" Oklahoma 60/90/120/180/365 day tag too well (forgot to use a permanent marker, for instance)....

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn't the Turner Tikepike supposed to be paid for by 1980?
Soapbox for today:

Now this is going from memory and it involves what I read in the news media so take it for what it's worth.

I seem to remember reading in the Oklahoman about 20 years ago they explained that every #@%^&^%^$$%% toll road that the people of Oklahoma had voted for and approved, included language that as long as ONE of the toll roads still owes any debt whatsoever, then ALL of the @##%%%$% Oklahoma toll roads will continue to have tolls.

I think I recollect that some of the lesser-used toll roads, when the article was written, didn't even make enough money to service the debt (pay the interest) of that particular toll road - much less make a dent in the principal amount of the loan.

As for prices going up well there is all the recent inflation.
And when the government has their hands in something, it's not likely to get easier/siimpler or go down in price.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to remember reading in the Oklahoman about 20 years ago they explained that every #@%^&^%^$$%% toll road that the people of Oklahoma had voted for and approved, included language that as long as ONE of the toll roads still owes any debt whatsoever, then ALL of the @##%%%$% Oklahoma toll roads will continue to have tolls.

I think I recollect that some of the lesser-used toll roads, when the article was written, didn't even make enough money to service the debt (pay the interest) of that particular toll road - much less make a dent in the principal amount of the loan.

For sure the Ada to Sulphur two lane turnpike. They could have made that one a single lane.

And additionally why they want to keep making more new turnpikes to nowhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom