Need scope Recommendation for 10/22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for ideas on the next scope for my 10/22 project. Already have the fancy stock and heavy stainless barrell just need some good glass to go on top. This is just a paper puncher but I like to see good!

Thanks

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like the BSA Sweet 22 3-9X50. It has an adjustable objective and 3 different turrets for the bullet drop compensator.

For any scoped 10/22, I recommend getting a Yellow Jacket bolt buffer. It takes that hard shock out of the recoil. Makes the gun feel a lot smoother and it much easier on the optics.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend went and picked up a Tasco 3-9x50mm from Walmart for his 10/22, and I decided to get it for my Remington 597. With the Weaver .22 mounts (also at Walmart) it'll run you about $50 total. I can't say enough about the quality of the scope. It's crystal clear even up to 9x and it holds a tight zero. My friend was just as satisfied. I'd recommend the crap out of it.

okienate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bushnell Trophy 4-12 works for me it has an adjustable objective .Not too big not too small.

+1 for this little gem, mounted one of them on mine with a high-rise "iron sights" rings so I can use the glass or the iron sights without having to remove the scope. You never know when you wanna go 'old school'......

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a Burris fan, but anything beyond the low end junk will do.

Something to keep in mind is to use the lowest mounts that will work on the gun. Unless you buy something with a large objective, Low mounts will work fine since the gun is an autoloader and you don't have to worry about bolt clearance.

I think Ruger may still include the little mount that permits the old .22 scope rings to clamp on to the tiny grooves. If you have one of these, don't use it. Get mounts designed for larger rifles, and rings to match. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom