New Powerful Painkiller Has Abuse Experts Worried

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother went to the Doctor for intermittent shortness of breath. Blood pressure fine, blood work etc check out okay aside from cholesterol. They gave him a prescription for Xanax. Said it could be stress related.

Really? Xanax?

I thought you get a Xanax scrip for just showing up for a physical now? Like how they gave you attendance awards in school. Lifestyle change? Fawk that, take this pill. "I'm looking at your chart and can see what your problem is. Yep, apparently you've gone your entire life without these pills."

I went to the urgent care after a car wreck to make sure I wuz not bleedin in muh insides and was told not to worry because "you'll get you some strong meds" by everyone there. And of course they gave me a scrip for whatever the goofenthol of the day was.

We gots problems, kids.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dilaudid (hydromorphone)

Sounds close enough, get me a subscription for it.

It wasn't Demerol, I'd have remembered that even in my severe pained state.

All I know is she pushed it in slowly and my insides started feeling kinda weird and cold (or maybe it was warm? hell I didn't care at the time) followed almost instantly by pure 100% delightful bliss. I honestly went from having the most severe pain I've ever felt in my life (and I have a high tolorance) to not giving one single blip about anything at all.

I've never had anything strong than Tylenol III pills (once for wisdom teeth) ever in my entire life and I have to say this was a truly eye opening experience.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about the people that are in truly severe pain?

Without drugs like this could you imagine their lives?

I'm not going to take the hard line on this, but different people have different levels of pain tolerance.

Those that have a TRUE intense pain, need some help.

The other ******* that have a headache do not need precription pain meds. That is where the addiction starts.

Hoorayebay

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not endorsing medical marijuana but it seems to me that it would be a much better alternative than the potent Hydrocodone drug coming out. The withdrawl symptoms of Hydrocodone are severe. Once you get hooked on that stuff with or without a prescription it is really bad. I have a friend that went through sever withdrawls after he stopped taking it post hip surgery. He's now on a drug that stops the withdrawl sickness but is addictive in itself.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This all certainly couldn't be because many of those in the FDA are also former (and/or future) high-level employees of pharmaceutical companies, would it? Same goes for our food; google "FDA" and "Monsanto" or "ADM". Our departments of _______ are basically run by the very companies they were created to police. If people are just realizing this, they've been very asleep for a long, long time.

It ain't tinfoil, folks.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Painkillers get a bad rap because they are pushed on people with no comprehenison of them in the name of profits under the watch of government agencies that don't give the fine grey hairs on a wet rat's ass that this is going on, all the while crowing about how safe they keep us while standing in a country with the highest drug abuse rates in the world.

All the while natural substances proven to combat addiction (namely Ibogaine) are relegated to Schedule I status as having "no medical use" and a "high potential for abuse". That lack of a medical use stems from the fact that its proven to aid in addiction recovery, and the high potential for abuse stems from the fact that it might cut into the profit margins of the pharmaceutical companies by reducing the amount of the market they have cornered via addiction.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just last year the FDA was bitching about the acetaminophen mixed with hydrocodone drugs, and now they're bitching about the lack of it? Painkillers get a bad rap because idiots abuse them. I have family members who would've killed themselves years ago had it not been for painkillers. And I'd bet medicinal marijuana would help them with the pain too.

The "punch a baby before support medicinal marijuana" line is true.

The acetaminophen overdose is a major problem. I have quite a view liver transplant and death cases because of thhis.

I had 3200 fen-phen clients in 2002. About 1100 had various levels of damage to their hearts. It stings when I send a newsletter only to have a family member call me and tell me my client has died.

Big Pharma, like Big Insurance values people over profits. When the Hell are you all going to get that and stop electing people bought and paid for by their lobbies? But again, it's never "you," it's always the "other guy" that gets screwed or "everyone else is a faker" until it's "you."

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what it takes to get RH worked up, lol

Seriously I think more and more that people should be allowed to take whatever they want. Just legalize and if they OD so be it. Lots of people won't be criminals, the truly stupid/addicted will probably OD and die off which would probably have several side effects as well. It would also have the effect of largely collapsing narco-gangs both here and to south of us due to market forces absolutely cratering the price and profit of these drugs as well. And as a plus to myself I can finally get the pseudofed I need without having to sign some patriot act bull$****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom