Nobody is buying s**t these days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mortgage, loan and credit card rates way up...
Classified ads, more Items, more people selling...
Store Shelves all well stocked
Big ticket items, cars used and new, there are price drops in the last 6 months

All signs of a soft and declining economy, even luxury items prices are dropping. The economy is not good, you can tell by the numbers too, they revise them down after they come up with them. I'm really torn between doomtubers and their predictions and traditional financial publications.
This^^^. The soft and declining economy is by design of the Federal Reserve. They are trying to slow the economy with higher interest rates to reduce the inflation rate to their goal of 2%. The labor market will still need to go through pain before the economy turns around.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This^^^. The soft and declining economy is by design of the Federal Reserve. They are trying to slow the economy with higher interest rates to reduce the inflation rate to their goal of 2%. The labor market will still need to go through pain before the economy turns around.
We need to eliminate the Federal Reserve.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do understand lower priced items do sell, I get it. Great deals can still be found. Just in general, seems like we are holding onto funds now more than ever. My take is that the future is uncertain and therefore not as many peeps letting loose of their greenbacks.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We need to eliminate the Federal Reserve.
Yes, we need to. No matter what inflation is necessary in order to keep everything "rolling along." Last time we had deflation we still had a precious metals standard. Only way I can see us returning to it would be with:

1) Wise and Caring Politicians,
2) BRICs Dollars really giving us a beating,
3) The people understanding the above two.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, we need to. No matter what inflation is necessary in order to keep everything "rolling along." Last time we had deflation we still had a precious metals standard. Only way I can see us returning to it would be with:

1) Wise and Caring Politicians,
2) BRICs Dollars really giving us a beating,
3) The people understanding the above two.
Great measures are taken to prevent this, and honestly our populace generally doesn't care to take the time to learn anything.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seen several listings I would have loved to have but I'm not making a 7-8 hr round trip with the expense of fuel and my time added to the final cost.
Good point @2busy There have been maybe half a dozen guns listed here on OSA over the past year that I would have bought but dog gone, seems only the folks in Tulsa area have what peaks my interests.

That has saved me a lot of $$$$$.
Living in the Outback does have advantages.

Latest posts

Top Bottom