OK ... all you "those" types ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's how it's gonna work ... I have a TON of books on various subjects -- prepping, homesteading, gardening, fermentation, canning, dehydrating and other food preservation methods, gardening, animal husbandry, homesteading, prepping, sewing, ... Yeah ... I know I hit some subjects twice ... :P Did I tell you I have a lot of books?? :yikes2: The vast majority of these books are, for all intents and purposes, in "LNIB" shape. A few may have some markings ... even fewer may have a dog-ear or two ...

Anyway, starting today, every so often there will be a contest -- we'll see how it goes from here -- the member who FOLLOWS THE RULES will get to pick a subject and I'll send a book ... I'll ship, so no worries if we don't live in the same town ... or state, even ...

So ... post often ... and check in more ... because you never know what you will find ... :naughty:

First contest is called "I Read This Post" ...

Here are the rules:

1. Read this post ... :P
2. Post ONE time in this thread.
3. Your post must contain an idea for a future contest. (No, a funny, smart-ass post will not get you disqualified but I'd really like some serious, do-able ideas if you have them. LOL)
4. In 30 days (November 12th), I'll do a random drawing and pick three winners ... Each winner will get a book from the subject area of his or her choice.

THAT'S IT!!

(For those of you wondering, this contest is open to anyone ... not just the folks who post in the prepper section. BUT you gotta have a contest idea ... Please, join us ... :wave:)
The above two bolded statements contradict each other. Could you also be a little more specific about what kind of contest you are thinking about? Seems like everyone is posting very specific "name the ______".

My first idea is to see who could post the best boob gif.
My second idea is to see who can post the best boobie gif.
My third idea is to have a contest to post what the public feels is the best plans for homesteading or off the Grid(read non-ele tric) everyday device to replace what we currently used.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The above two bolded statements contradict each other. Could you also be a little more specific about what kind of contest you are thinking about? Seems like everyone is posting very specific "name the ______".

My first idea is to see who could post the best boob gif.
My second idea is to see who can post the best boobie gif.
My third idea is to have a contest to post what the public feels is the best plans for homesteading or off the Grid(read non-ele tric) everyday device to replace what we currently used.

Hmmmm ... you are correct ... I was thinking "post often in the Prepper Section" and somehow that got shortened ... This is why publishers have editors and proofreaders ... :P

ETA: Sorry, no boobs ... or boobies ... or ta-tas ... or breasteses ... or anything else you to call them ... :( Gotta keep it clean ... :cry3: Believe me, no one feels your pain more than I do ... :lookaroun I'm probably gonna get a call.about that ... :P

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OSA members/Prepper section posters who score the highest in the 5K and 10K options of the Pawnee Winter Run and Gun while carrying their get home bag/3 day pack. To be eligible, you must post an AAR with photos of pack contents and gear layout.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OSA members/Prepper section posters who score the highest in the 5K and 10K options of the Pawnee Winter Run and Gun while carrying their get home bag/3 day pack. To be eligible, you must post an AAR with photos of pack contents and gear layout.

And I vote for a modified version of this.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Good one!

How about best recipe from dehydrated/preserved foods? (must be done by contestant) Maybe have a cook-off, tasting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom