Oklahoma explores program to charge drivers per mile

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First thought - How would they handle all the tractor trailers driving through the state and all the out of state drivers using the roads? I’m pretty sure they could not enforce this requirement on out of state drivers.

Second thought - there has been a budget surplus which is where we got relief on groceries. It sounds like ODOT needs some of this budget surplus instead of creating a new way to generate more revenue.

I don't know if they still do this, but in New Mexico, a trucker is required to stop at a "port of entry" when going into their state. They used to go out and use a stick to poke down into the truck's fuel tank. With that, they would calculate the amount of fuel that was in the tank and charge them a "per gallon tax" on what they bought in another state.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if they still do this, but in New Mexico, a trucker is required to stop at a "port of entry" when going into their state. They used to go out and use a stick to poke down into the truck's fuel tank. With that, they would calculate the amount of fuel that was in the tank and charge them a "per gallon tax" on what they bought in another state.
Interesting.

Bixby Sooner53

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I am confident that the State will eliminate gasoline and other road taxes if they implement this new tax. You know they always do that, and of course they would never use this device to track us or get in our business in any way. Oh and if we would just move into 15 minute cities, this wouldn't even effect us, because we wouldn't need a vehicle then. /s

Latest posts

Top Bottom