Oklahoma Senate panel approves open-carry bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yay, we're one step closer to being able to get a license to use a right guaranteed by the bill of rights!

I wonder if we'll have $100/5year licenses that take 3 months to get for the other guaranteed rights also??

Am I the only person that sees this as a load of crap, only crap that doesn't smell as bad as usual?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yay, we're one step closer to being able to get a license to use a right guaranteed by the bill of rights!

I wonder if we'll have $100/5year licenses that take 3 months to get for the other guaranteed rights also??

Am I the only person that sees this as a load of crap, only crap that doesn't smell as bad as usual?

No.

But the reality is that these rights didn't erode overnight; and we won't get them back overnight either. This is not a further compromise, this is a step in the right direction.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WIth all the crappy ammendments to this bill that COULD have happend, I kind of like the way it turned out today. It is definitely a step in the right direction. Ill gladly take it!

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Martin did a good job getting the ammendments tabled... and it passed by a wide margin.

NO..if this passes and officer will simply ask to see your permit and you will be on your way.

OML is rattling sabres about a potential law suit if this gets signed by Ms Fallin... but the AG says he's behind it...

Good Day!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Martin did a good job getting the ammendments tabled... and it passed by a wide margin.

NO..if this passes and officer will simply ask to see your permit and you will be on your way.

OML is rattling sabres about a potential law suit if this gets signed by Ms Fallin... but the AG says he's behind it...

Good Day!

Unless some judge is willing to toss out Oklahoma's preemption laws the only thing OML will accomplish is to waste a bunch of money pursuing a suit lost before it is even brought.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a video of the action in the House today. The "open carry bill" starts at about 1:06. It is VERY entertaining to watch. Martin did a FANTASTIC job responding to the CRAPPY ammendments that some attempted to attach to this bill. He did a great job today. If you have never experienced the legislative process, I highly recommend watching this.

http://okhouse.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=424

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom