Poll: Ever had to to show your CC permit to a LEO?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever had to show your CC permit to a LEO while you were conceal carrying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was stopped by HP the other day, I asked him if he needed to see my permit and he declined. He just asked me if the gun was in my bag that was in the seat. Ran my info, got a warning and was told to have a good day.

Oh, well, but I've never asked. I've just handed it to them with my license because I always have at least one gun in the car. The last time I got stopped I had my CC, the gun I'd just bought in the passenger's seat and a shotgun and rifle in the back with my range bag as I was on the way to the range ... Officer said he'd never thought a little old lady driving a VW convertible could open her own gun store with what was in her car ... LOL

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, well, but I've never asked. I've just handed it to them with my license because I always have at least one gun in the car. The last time I got stopped I had my CC, the gun I'd just bought in the passenger's seat and a shotgun and rifle in the back with my range bag as I was on the way to the range ... Officer said he'd never thought a little old lady driving a VW convertible could open her own gun store with what was in her car ... LOL

It also sounds like you have a speeding problem?? :)

Nobody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4 times in the 10 years I've had my CC

2 times pulled over for speeding (1 with ticket, 1 without)

1 time was in an auto accident (rear ended by a semi)

1 once when somebody tried to jack packages off my porch two Christmas' ago, I jacked him right back then sent him on his way. (some of you may remember that one)

All times voluntary and proactive. Seems to me open carry comes with the burden of permit check, just the cost of doing business I suppose.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding is that the law states you must inform that you have a permit, and that you are carrying a loaded weapon, and the Leo's I've encountered during traffic stops have understood it the same time. I have never had to produce my permit. Most times I get asked what I'm carrying, but I've never been asked to show them anything.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, piston10 & vicious... judging by the number of people that have been asked 3 or more times for their CC permit.. they must come across to LEO's as a Oswald looking for a grassy knoll. :rotflmao:

Let's clarify the poll question a little bit.. how many times has a LEO specifically asked to see your permit once you notified him that you were conceal carrying & had a permit... don't count the times that you just voluntarily handed your permit to the LEO along with your DL at a traffic stop... without being asked for the CC permit.

VladdDImpaler

Marksman
Reaction score
Been asked 3 times.

Once was when my truck was stolen a few years back, the responding officer noticed the print and asked about it. She actually thanked me for carrying.

Once was by Texas HP. He made a joke about how it would be funny if we drew on each other, "could you imagine the faces on people driving by" or something crazy like that.

Once by a game warden. He stopped us during waterfowl season to check our shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom