Poll: Ever had to to show your CC permit to a LEO?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever had to show your CC permit to a LEO while you were conceal carrying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Change mine from 3+ to never.

:thumbup3: What I figured.... that most people had just volunteered their permit without being asked. That is why I clarified the question. Looked like there had been way to many people being asked for their permit.

My point of the poll is that now if someone tells a officer they have a weapon [which he can't see] & a permit to carry.. most LEO's aren't asking to see the permit or the weapon.. they just thank the person for letting them know. I think when open carry starts... if you are carrying your weapon in a safe holster and you tell the officer you have a permit when you first make contact in compliance with the law... maintaining a good attitude.. they will probably treat you just as they do now.

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
:thumbup3: What I figured.... that most people had just volunteered their permit without being asked. That is why I clarified the question. Looked like there had been way to many people being asked for their permit.

My point of the poll is that now if someone tells a officer they have a weapon [which he can't see] & a permit to carry.. most LEO's aren't asking to see the permit or the weapon.. they just thank the person for letting them know. I think when open carry starts... if you are carrying your weapon in a safe holster and you tell the officer you have a permit when you first make contact in compliance with the law... maintaining a good attitude.. they will probably treat just as they do now.

Every time. I've told them I had a permit, was carrying, and every time I've been asked for the permit. I won't reveal that number tho...

ok ok... you got me, I can't count that high.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've only been asked once and that was when I was jogging to the UCO gym. Since i couldn't take a firearm anywhere near campus I left it and my wallet at home. It was around 5 in the morning with little traffic so I didn't bother with the crosswalks. I had to give him my school ID because that's all I had. He took it to his car and ran my name and then asked me if I was CC'ing. I told him I wasn't, he then asked what I normally carry when I do. Let me on my way.

If I ever decide to open carry (probably only November 1st) wouldn't it make sense to just get a layard and put my CCL around my neck?

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been asked 3 times.

Once was when my truck was stolen a few years back, the responding officer noticed the print and asked about it. She actually thanked me for carrying.

Once was by Texas HP. He made a joke about how it would be funny if we drew on each other, "could you imagine the faces on people driving by" or something crazy like that.

Once by a game warden. He stopped us during waterfowl season to check our shot.

Just to get this straight. An officer noticed your gun was printing and did not cite you for brandishing and or openly carrying? :ooh2: According to many threads on here they should have taken your gun and locked you up. :fullauto:

VladdDImpaler

Marksman
Reaction score
The funny thing about that one is that she actually saw my cell phone case (my otter box sticks out like a sore thumb when my shirt is covering it, my gun surprisingly does not) printing on my opposite side and thought it was a firearm. I told her it was my phone and then she asked if I was carrying, at that point I informed her I was.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The funny thing about that one is that she actually saw my cell phone case (my otter box sticks out like a sore thumb when my shirt is covering it, my gun surprisingly does not) printing on my opposite side and thought it was a firearm. I told her it was my phone and then she asked if I was carrying, at that point I informed her I was.

Good thing it was your phone or you would have been locked up. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom