Poll: Ever had to to show your CC permit to a LEO?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever had to show your CC permit to a LEO while you were conceal carrying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has been a lot of passionate discussion about how LEO's will be checking everyone who is OC'ing come Nov. 1st. So how about a simple poll question:

"Have you ever had to show your CC permit to a LEO while you were conceal carrying? If so, how many times?"

-----
Edit: Don't count the times that you just voluntarily handed your permit to the LEO along with your DL without being asked for the CC permit. What I'm wanting to know is if a LEO ever specifically asked to see your permit, after you told him you had one and was conceal carrying.
------------

Personally, I don't think being checked for a permit will be a serious issue for anyone Open Carrying, unless you have a demeanor or spooky attitude that draws attention to you on a regular basis.

I've been carrying every day I've left the house for the last 17 years that I've had my permit.. and I've never had to show a LEO my permit. During that 17 years I've probably informed dozens of LEO's that I had a permit and was carring a weapon on my person. I inform LEO's out of courtesy when just shooting the bull with them, during trafic stops like DL / insurance checks or calls about drunken neighbors or prowlers... etcetera. I've never had to actually show my permit nor have I had a officer ask to hold onto my weapon for officer safety issues. If you have had your permit as long as I have, and never had to show it to a LEO, you are not likely to have issues if Open Carrying.

Last edited:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had to show mine in PA years ago, came onto an accident and was helping. LEO saw my print, asked about it. No problems, he thanked me, took my statement and sent me on my way.

Been stopped here in OK during road blocks, zero issues.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had my permit off and on for the last 14 years (more on than off) and due to my own misinterpretation of the law have shown my permit to a LEO twice. Once was a routine traffic stop and once was an accident I was involved in. Both times the permit went with my drivers license. Never asked for it, but delivered in both instances.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Confused... is this for outside of traffic stops or including traffic stops? Everyone is required to present their CCL during a stop.

No, everyone is required to notify during a traffic stop. They only need to present if the officer then asks to see it.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seem to find ALL the "safety check" roadblocks, even in other states. No issues.
Of couse I have no problem about showing ID, and don't question why they want to see it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, every single time I've been stopped. Not so much lately since the last time ... Man, who knew that Trooper would actually call GC and tattle on me??!?! No sense of humor, those guys ... sheesh ...

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, every single time I've been stopped. Not so much lately since the last time ... Man, who knew that Trooper would actually call GC and tattle on me??!?! No sense of humor, those guys ... sheesh ...

I was stopped by HP the other day, I asked him if he needed to see my permit and he declined. He just asked me if the gun was in my bag that was in the seat. Ran my info, got a warning and was told to have a good day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom