Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to work opening day, made it out last Sunday night, scared up a real nice buck getting to my stand and couldn't get a shot off. Saw a bunch of turkey and a couple does. Woke up the next morning and headed back out. This was the first year I didn't pack up after 11 and head in until evening. It was warm, but there were deer moving EVERYWHERE around me, mostly out of range. Finally, at 1:32 this guy strolled right up to my stand, and stood broadside for a few. I couldn't pass a chance to fill the freezer with a hungry husband. He dropped right where he stood. Still need to fill my doe tags and my husband needs to fill all his. Turns out I made a good choice to take him, along with that hungry husband, we found out that night I am pregnant with our first baby. It couldn't have been a better day!

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Way to go Jac-que!!! From 52

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a great buck, takes a lot a bone for an 8pt to get to 140"! Again, congrats!

Thank you! I will get an official number when he dries a bit, but it may be closer to 135. We ran a tape first go round and got 147, then another guy got 142. I got 135 for my bet. B&C will drop out some inches because his right side is longer. The pine tree ground into the bases is pretty cool to see. He had just rubbed a tree minutes before his fatal mistake to chase that little doe over our way.

I have two huge problems now. firstly how does my son better this in the years to come and how do I get my other two boys who start deer hunting next year a pair of deer the size of their older brother? LOL

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been off the grid for awhile out hunting, congrats to everyone that has connected, there are some great deer being posted here this year.

No luck so far for me, I have complicated my season so far by hunting two specific bucks, neither of which has decided to let me have a shot at them. Don't know if I will do that again as I have passed on a couple of deer I would have gladly killed in years past.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saturday morning with my son, 3 months shy of 3 years old. First time hunting anything. He had a little trouble with the sitting still and being quiet, but we managed to connect. He has been begging to go hunting with me all year. He couldn't have been happier if he had shot the doe himself. As soon as we were done with pictures he says, "Ok Dad, lets go get another one." I think he's hooked.
i981.photobucket.com_albums_ae294_tjones96761_brody2012deer.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom