Problem with Vital Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. He is getting refunded what I sold it for.

He did pay up front, I sold out because I'm no longer selling, moved, and no contact. Can't store other peoples stuff forever.

This just seemed wrong he paid you IN FULL but your only refunding what you sold it for? So you made money when you sold it to the op then made more when you only refund what you sold it for.
As far as storage it was a lower and lpk and that doesn't take up any room at all. Sounds like vital arms Is coming out on the winning side of the OP's losing situation.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not running a storage shelter. If someone buys something, and does not contact me in a year, I will assume he is not interested or dead and sell to someone else. He bought it when prices were at a high, otherwise I could have easily sold it to someone else. He is getting refunded what I sold it for. We only spoke a couple of times about picking up, Once was a bad time for me, and once he didn't show. This is the first bad transaction I've had.

If you were in business, and you sold an item to someone, how could you just sell it?
I know that you said you're not a storage facility, but we're not talking about a crated engine.
if you felt that you weren't going to be able to get hold of him, why wouldn't you transfer it to an FFL rather than opening up this can of worms?
There are more than a couple of FFL's on this board that would've helped out, i'm sure.
If he was too aloof / un-interested / unable to meet on multiple occasions, sure, that would get tiring and it shows a tiny bit of issue with him keeping his word. but you had the money and the goods and were in business, so, in my opinion, you probably should have treated it more like such.
If he couldn't do this or make that meeting, then don't give him a choice, just find an FFL near his location, call them and set it up and ship it to them. He could have dealt with them and it would have been out of your hair.

It sounds to an outsider like you both screwed up and you both took the hit on it. Even if you'd both had nothing but good transactions in the past, this is the one that screwed all that up.

I'm just sayin.

HSIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you were in business, and you sold an item to someone, how could you just sell it?
I know that you said you're not a storage facility, but we're not talking about a crated engine.
if you felt that you weren't going to be able to get hold of him, why wouldn't you transfer it to an FFL rather than opening up this can of worms?
There are more than a couple of FFL's on this board that would've helped out, i'm sure.
If he was too aloof / un-interested / unable to meet on multiple occasions, sure, that would get tiring and it shows a tiny bit of issue with him keeping his word. but you had the money and the goods and were in business, so, in my opinion, you probably should have treated it more like such.
If he couldn't do this or make that meeting, then don't give him a choice, just find an FFL near his location, call them and set it up and ship it to them. He could have dealt with them and it would have been out of your hair.

It sounds to an outsider like you both screwed up and you both took the hit on it. Even if you'd both had nothing but good transactions in the past, this is the one that screwed all that up.

I'm just sayin.

+1000 on what Jeff said.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need some advice from you guys. Some time ago I paid for a RRA lower and LPK from Terry. We agreed he would keep it for me and I could pick it up later at my convenience since I didn't make it to OKC very often. Money was paid to him. He told me he had the items. I made the trip to OKC several times and tried to call when I was there. I would leave messages and get no return calls. I called and got an answer few weeks ago. He told me it had been some time and he sold the items. He agreed he owed me the money. He asked how much it was and he would try to get me the money. I forwarded our PM's to him again to show exactly what it was he owed me. He told me he would send me the money. Well its been some time again and no response, or return calls. Does anyone know him? Any suggestions?
Thanks
daddy-o

If the other party works on base, you should contact his CO.

The military and most law enforcement agencies will quickly handle any financial problems with employees and subordinates.

Michael Brown

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious but would OPS, OAS or H&H store your stuff for free for over a year? Just curious if any of them have a policy on that.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vital, is there any other thing you might need to transfer. I'm here to help.

Sounds just like a sour deal here... stuff happens. You two just need to quit pointing fingers. The customer should get refunded the FULL payment period,
regardless of anything. Shipping in my book is the only thing non-refundable.
One more thing... oh nevermind... give the guy his money!!

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think maybe where Vital Arms went wrong was agreeing to hold it till he was ready - if he wasnt ready to get it then - don't sell it to him sell it to the next guy.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not running a storage shelter. If someone buys something, and does not contact me in a year, I will assume he is not interested or dead and sell to someone else. He bought it when prices were at a high, otherwise I could have easily sold it to someone else. He is getting refunded what I sold it for. We only spoke a couple of times about picking up, Once was a bad time for me, and once he didn't show. This is the first bad transaction I've had.

Then maybe you should not have agreed to the deal and sell the stuff to him. I don't really care when he bought it because he paid your asking price. It wasn't like you made him some great deal on the stuff. There were several alternatives to just selling his stuff. I would be interested in knowing how many times you honestly tried getting in touch with him or making other arrangements to get him his paid for merchandise. In business, I think situations like this can be avoided by not ASSUMING things. It would have been real easy to call him and say come pick it up or arrange for a transfer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom