RANT! (question #744)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Kinda like your comment about Troopers' bloated pensions ...

I didnt make that comment. I remember reading it . I have nop idea what kind of pension they get , nor do I care.

My biggest issue with the public school system is that it is EXTREMELY top heavy. They need a just about 2/3rds less "administrators" and a lot more teacher. The amount of money the education system would have per student for supplies and per teacher for more training and raises would be substantial I suspect.

I read the link that showed how much the administrators make. I can see how we could trim around $2 million dollars by combinig the districts and eliminating about a dozen or so of them. I also saw how the Admin of Tulsa Public makes the same money that the admin for Jenks makes. TPS has about 9 HS's and Jenks has one. I dont see how that makes sense either.

Kinda like your comment about Troopers' bloated pensions ... I gotta tell you that Troopers do have a pension but it is anything but bloated. You have to work a minimum of 20 years to get exactly half of your base pay in retirement. In order for a Trooper to receive 100% of his base pay upon retirement he has to work for the department 40 years ... Yeah, that is not a typo. 40 years. Additionally, I don't know what percentage of their income teachers are required to pay into the system but for DPS employees it is not a small chunk of change. What I would give to have that money in GC's check every month. But ... like teachers his contribution is mandatory.

My mom taught for just under 40 yrs and she gets about 75% of what she made , but , probably around 50% if you average what she made through her career. Again I am not saying anything about troopers pension. If somebody is dedicated enough to stay at one job for that long then they should be taken care of in their golden yrs.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bruno ... way, way back a long time ago in this thread you said something to the effect of "No offense BB, that is just the way I see it".

Well, fella, no offense but that is just the way I see it.

I for one hope with all my heart that 744 does not pass and it has nothing to do with "racism". It would appear from the majority of the posts here that I am in good company.

I see no reason to continue trying to one up each other. If you see that as an admission of guilt of whatever it is I have done to offend you that is fine with me.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bruno ... way, way back a long time ago in this thread you said something to the effect of "No offense BB, that is just the way I see it".

Well, fella, no offense but that is just the way I see it.

I for one hope with all my heart that 744 does not pass and it has nothing to do with "racism". It would appear from the majority of the posts here that I am in good company.

I see no reason to continue trying to one up each other. If you see that as an admission of guilt of whatever it is I have done to offend you that is fine with me.

I am not offended , just like you I disagree. If the bill will truly help our public schools then I am for it. Dont be mad . I still think of you as a friend on the board. We just dont see eye to eye on this . From all of the evidence presented I am not really any more clear about the question than I was before this thread started.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not offended , just like you I disagree. If the bill will truly help our public schools then I am for it. Dont be mad . I still think of you as a friend on the board. We just dont see eye to eye on this . From all of the evidence presented I am not really any more clear about the question than I was before this thread started.

Honey ... it's just the internetz. I still get to crawl in bed with my overpaid, undersupervised Jack-Booted Thug and do unspeakable things. :blush:

I guess I might have a little more info on this thing than you do then because I have other friends at the state besides the JBTs. People at OTC, DHS, DOC, Corp. Comm. and at the State Capitol (not to mention our ultimate education friendly govenor) are all concerned about the fiscal ramifications of this bill. Problem is none of it is from a published source so I can't post links.

However, I will call a couple of friends next week and see if they can provide me with some "official" numbers. No promises, but I will do what I can.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now thats what I am talking about ! PM me spome pics if its not illegal in our state.

You haven't been here long enough to know this but there are two unbreakable rules ...

1. Don't write it down (or say it in front of others) when you are angry. It can and will be used against you in a court of law ...

and

2. NO PICS!!!

okgirl

Marksman
Reaction score
Not only is this a bash BB , but , it also clues everyone into what Tcox does for a living. Pay close attention to the "us" and "ours".

Here is one of your bashes

BB, I haven't read every page, but either we said something close to the exact thing or Bruno2 reworded what I said. I can't tell b/c where it normally says who he quoted is gone.

Oh and Bruno2, He's not a trooper. He not only cares about the system and wants to be a trooper someday, but he also has good friends that are troopers. *insert here what I'm ranting to Tcox and thankfully not posting*

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Brandon I am not A trooper. I sell guns for a living untill the next academy in which i will be a trooper. Im sorry if i have "mislead" you. I say this because I am closely connected to OHP and what they do. You state that you mean no offense towards this topic, people, and LEO's but I think you are saying to to avoid bad blood. This is begining to get personal with me and obviously many others.

I tell you what, here is a good suggestion for you: I dont expect to get lucky enough for you to move out of state, but here is a link to people in which you may have a better understand with: http://www.liberalforum.org/

Maybe here you will find yourself with people more of your taste and understanding.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, I haven't read every page, but either we said something close to the exact thing or Bruno2 reworded what I said. I can't tell b/c where it normally says who he quoted is gone.

Oh and Bruno2, He's not a trooper. He not only cares about the system and wants to be a trooper someday, but he also has good friends that are troopers. *insert here what I'm ranting to Tcox and thankfully not posting*

That's okay with me ... you seem like a pretty sharp gal to me.

Have tcox PM GC about getting on. There is no academy set for next year but the department actually starts the hiring process well before they set an academy. If he doesn't already have an app in he might need to do that. And there are some other things he can do to increase his chances of being picked up outta the bazillon other fellas wanting in. It is one of those things that you shouldn't wait on and it is a "process" ... blah!!

okgirl

Marksman
Reaction score
That's okay with me ... you seem like a pretty sharp gal to me.

Have tcox PM GC about getting on. There is no academy set for next year but the department actually starts the hiring process well before they set an academy. If he doesn't already have an app in he might need to do that. And there are some other things he can do to increase his chances of being picked up outta the bazillon other fellas wanting in. It is one of those things that you shouldn't wait on and it is a "process" ... blah!!

Funny you should mention him PMing him, when he discovered last night that he was trooper he got excited saying he needed to message him. Yeah we knew they weren't having one, and I believe the next forecasted date is somewhere around 2012/2013 but those are just estimated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom