RANT! (question #744)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you seem to know it all already Im sure telling you what we do all day wont make any difference but here goes.

The science mueseum is right down the street from our main headquarters at 3600 N ML KING. Sometimes before a class guys will get some coffee at McDonalds across the street and talk before class starts.Then we go out and work a bunch of accidents. Sometimes its a fatality and then we get to see all the crap they wont show on TV. Then you get the great duty to go tell the surviving family members that their loved one has died in a fatality accident. Real fun there.

Or you deal with people all day saying that you are just increasing state revenue by writing them a ticket. No Im writing you a ticket because you are going way to fast with no regard for anyone else.

Sometimes we get to arrest a drunk that might have killed you or a loved one. We get to smell the drunk all the way to county and if we get lucky they throw up all over our car or relieve themselves in it. Guess who gets to clean that up? Not you or Bruno2.

Im sure few of you can relate to this but if you are the only Trooper in a county guess who gets a call at 3am after just getting off at 11 to go work an accident because there are no county sherriffs on duty? Not you or Bruno2.

Thats a small sampling of a typical day. Am I complaining? Not really I knew the score before I joined probably better than most because my dad was a cop. I just dont care for being bashed.

You and people like you really dont know me or what I do. Worse than that you dont care. So go drive drunk or too fast and kill somebody. If I am lucky I will be the one that gets to take you to jail.

:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3: Well said, GC. I sometime think that those that continually bash the police may well be about the same as those that seem to want to "threaten" to destry any and every home intruder, regardless of threat level.

Thank you for your service, Sir!!

:thanku:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just for clarification, there IS a link on that site that takes you the exact questions as they will appear on the ballot.(PDF link).

I would agree that for years when a state question is proposed and placed on the ballot that the wording seems to be quite confusing at times.

For further clarification:

The text on the page that you linked IS the ballot titles and what will APPEAR ON THE BALLOT. The full text of the measure, as presented in the PDF's linked from that page, WILL NOT APPEAR ON THE BALLOT.

Over the next couple of weeks, I will be doing a series of posts on my blog with my voting suggestions and why I take that position. On some of these questions, you need to know what the full text of the measure contains rather than just what is presented to you on a ballot.

This is one reason why I think that your vote for Attorney General is a very important vote to actually research prior to voting, much like voting for your District Attorney.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I am ignorant.... What's a JBT?

:D

Jack-Booted Thug ... It is supposed to be a derogatory term (kinda like BadgeBunny is) but I think it is kinda cute ... but then again I have always liked it a little rough ... :mean:

Wear your label, whatever it may be with pride -- it throws the asshats who judge you based on stereotypes a little sideways -- not that that is all that hard to do anyway. Another of my favorite passtimes is f***ing with idiots, in case you hadn't noticed ... Like shooting fish in a barrel ... :D

ETA: This might help. I died laughing when I saw "use the term in a sentence" example ... LOL

Jack Booted Thug

1. jack booted thug 79 up, 3 down

Jack booted is a derogatory term used to describe an overly oppressive and authoritarian individual or group, often denotes violent tendencies. Thugs, thus described, are those in the service of an oppressive authoritarian, usually employing violence to achieve his/her/their master's goals.

Used in a sentence:
Jack booted thugs stormed in, broke my furniture, kicked my dog, and took my still.

I especially like the link "buy jack booted thug mugs, tshirts and magnets" ... Haha!!

EOATA (edited once again to add): Tcox ... I am sorry that jack booted thugs have caused your thread to be derailed ...

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it interesting that the majority of posts "for" 744 are from someone who's momma or sister was a teacher or is a retired teacher. Well, my Wife IS a teacher and I'll tell you what.... 744 is a crock of S#'! bill. If it was designed to specifically give the funding to teachers salaries as a regional average or specified that the money was going to be used to pay for specific programs, maybe. But that is not the case. 744 simply raises the amount the state gives to a distrist the the regional average. Guess what that is going to lead to... More $100k Coaches that don't teach and Million dollar stadiums because they had to spend the money so they didnt lose it. Oklahoma Teachers are paid on a Scale set by the Oklahoma Dept of Ed. Anything else is a negotiated stipend for extra duties. You want better teachers... raise the damned scale to more than the asst. manager at McDonalds makes. 744 does not do this...

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"It requires the State to spend annually, no less than the average amount spent on each student by the surrounding states."
They forgot to include the words "and not more". A bit one sided I think.
While in HS one of my kids was given as assignment to study next day's test. They were giving them the answers so they can get a high score next day.
I have a family member in the school system and the waste she sees is gross. They will replace items that don't need replacement to make sure they keep the funding.
I'll vote NO. They need to get their act together not waste even more money. They need competition that's why I support the voucher system.
We are constantly falling behind other countries despite the fact that we pay more than everybody else.
The people in the education system need to change their priorities and worry about educating the kids instead of constantly asking for money to waste.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess what that is going to lead to... More $100k Coaches that don't teach and Million dollar stadiums because they had to spend the money so they didnt lose it...

i feel your pain SD but all the smaller school coaches do teach...cause they cant afford to pay only for coaching but i know you were commenting on the bigger schools...the smaller schools are the ones hurting the most and thats what makes up the vast portion of the districts...but i know what you mean money could be used wiser in the bigger schools no doubt...

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Guys, go find another thread to trash JBTs in ... Never miss an opportunity, huh?? :disappoin

While I believe that teacher a lot of times do not have the equipment (or even training) to deal with what they have must with on a daily basis, this is true of most employees, both in the public and private sector these day.

While I feel for teachers as a whole, I cannot see stripping other agencies of their funding to keep the muckity-mucks at education happy. I would be tickled to death if this really was for the children, but is it not. It is about power and greed.

Now BB , if you would like go back and read the OP. The thread was started by a trooper that is mad b/c he may lose his job to improve education our state. This thread is about JBT's . Nobody just drug them into the conversation . They were there from post #1.

What all of you pro LEO's are doing here is nothing more than playing the race card. Somebody doesnt like what you are saying about the education bill so you guys are screaming racism. God forbid a HiPo ever get elected president of the US . Everytime one of our Congressmen or Legislatures would speak out against the Presidents agenda they would be accused of cop bashing.

Give it up this thread is about OHP among other things. I am getting a little tired of the LEO's on this thread citizen and teacher bashing. I dont know what the citizens and teachers of this state did to you guys to have mentally scarred you , but , go get some counseling and get over it or change professions. Good grief.

OK ... or NOT!! (You should have seen the post I composed and then deleted.) Not worth it because he really doesn't care ... what he cares about is that he probably tried to get on and washed out ... or he thinks all the rules apply to everyone but him ... it's not like we haven't seen this here a bazillon times before ...

Find a thread about anything but JBTs ... find a way to make it about JBTs ... Mix and rant away ... these guys are nothing if not predictable ...

That "Accountablity -- Not Optional" is especially cute. Oh, if only that were true for everyone ...

Oh, and morning ... wife make coffee this morning or you?? LOL It's my turn ... gotta lick those boots ... you know how these JBTs are .

Feel free to edit this one BB . So people will think you have your head in the game.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I started reading this thread yesterday and thought it was about state question 744. How the heck did it get into a pissing contest bashing LEOs?

In case anybody happens to be interested, I was trying to find the exact verbage of 744 that will be on the ballot in November and found the web site that liststs all the state questions......

https://www.sos.ok.gov/gov/proposed_questions.aspx#sq744

This is the Secretary of State at ok.gov I hope you can just click on the link as I just did a cut/paste..

There are some other questions coming up that I did not know were even being considered that folks might want to look at before they head to the ballot box.....

Now I just read the state question in the link you propvided Harley. Where do we find the list of options that tells where the money will come from? I thought Veggie Meat posted that the state doesny know where the money will come from?

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RESOLUTION OR BILL NUMBER:
HJR 1014
CITATION:
New Const. Art. 5, Section 55A
SUBJECT:
Providing the Legislature shall not be required to make expenditures for any function of government using a predetermined formula of any kind or by reference to the expenditure levels of any other state government or any other entity.
BALLOT TITLE:
This measure adds a new section to the Oklahoma Constitution. It adds Section 55A to Article 5. The Legislature designates amounts of money to be used for certain functions. These designations are called appropriations. The measure deals with the appropriation process.

The measure limits how the Constitution could control that process. Under the measure the Constitution could not require the Legislature to fund state functions based on:

1. Predetermined constitutional formulas,
2. How much other states spend on a function,
3. How much any entity spends on a function.

Under the measure these limits on the Constitution's power to control appropriations would apply even if:

1. A later constitutional amendment changed the Constitution, or
2. A constitutional amendment to the contrary was passed at the same time as this measure.

Thus, under the measure, once adopted, the measure could not be effectively amended. Nor could it be repealed.

Is it just me, or would this void 744. :giveup:

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
RESOLUTION OR BILL NUMBER:
HJR 1014
CITATION:
New Const. Art. 5, Section 55A
SUBJECT:
Providing the Legislature shall not be required to make expenditures for any function of government using a predetermined formula of any kind or by reference to the expenditure levels of any other state government or any other entity.
BALLOT TITLE:
This measure adds a new section to the Oklahoma Constitution. It adds Section 55A to Article 5. The Legislature designates amounts of money to be used for certain functions. These designations are called appropriations. The measure deals with the appropriation process.

The measure limits how the Constitution could control that process. Under the measure the Constitution could not require the Legislature to fund state functions based on:

1. Predetermined constitutional formulas,
2. How much other states spend on a function,
3. How much any entity spends on a function.

Under the measure these limits on the Constitution's power to control appropriations would apply even if:

1. A later constitutional amendment changed the Constitution, or
2. A constitutional amendment to the contrary was passed at the same time as this measure.

Thus, under the measure, once adopted, the measure could not be effectively amended. Nor could it be repealed.

Is it just me, or would this void 744. :giveup:

744 said it will alter the state constitution by amendment if that helps squid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom