RANT! (question #744)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started reading this thread yesterday and thought it was about state question 744. How the heck did it get into a pissing contest bashing LEOs?

In case anybody happens to be interested, I was trying to find the exact verbage of 744 that will be on the ballot in November and found the web site that liststs all the state questions......

https://www.sos.ok.gov/gov/proposed_questions.aspx#sq744

This is the Secretary of State at ok.gov I hope you can just click on the link as I just did a cut/paste..

There are some other questions coming up that I did not know were even being considered that folks might want to look at before they head to the ballot box.....

Those are only the ballot titles. Some of them are a bit misleading thanks to Drew Edmondson.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can anyone answer me what these troopers do all day? I personally see no less than 2 cruisers sometimes 4 sitting in the Science Museum Parking lot every morning for around an hour, I have sat and watched them just sitting there drinking coffee and screwing around on their smartphones.

If someone can lay down cold hard facts that these troopers being let go would somehow make anyone's day to day life safer let alone reducing the crime rate I am all ears. IN all seriousness most police officers go for the easy target and easy $ for state revenue, and arguing that they should keep there bloated pensions and benefit packages to pull over speeders is futile to me, they need to be kicking in meth-labs doors and shutting down the cut and package distribution houses I know are a-plenty here for the Mexican cartels for their cocaine, heroin, and meth. Stop busting college kids smoking pot in a park on a Saturday night to get that easy revenue and do something useful and constructive with my taxes and then we can think about letting them keep their jobs. Because right now their jobs consist of hassling the common man and shaking him down for more $'s while simultaneously turning a blind eye to real violent criminal endeavors because they want to be police officers, but they get to choose what they enforce and on who.

Accountability - Not Optional

:rant:

Since you seem to know it all already Im sure telling you what we do all day wont make any difference but here goes.

The science mueseum is right down the street from our main headquarters at 3600 N ML KING. Sometimes before a class guys will get some coffee at McDonalds across the street and talk before class starts.Then we go out and work a bunch of accidents. Sometimes its a fatality and then we get to see all the crap they wont show on TV. Then you get the great duty to go tell the surviving family members that their loved one has died in a fatality accident. Real fun there.

Or you deal with people all day saying that you are just increasing state revenue by writing them a ticket. No Im writing you a ticket because you are going way to fast with no regard for anyone else.

Sometimes we get to arrest a drunk that might have killed you or a loved one. We get to smell the drunk all the way to county and if we get lucky they throw up all over our car or relieve themselves in it. Guess who gets to clean that up? Not you or Bruno2.

Im sure few of you can relate to this but if you are the only Trooper in a county guess who gets a call at 3am after just getting off at 11 to go work an accident because there are no county sherriffs on duty? Not you or Bruno2.

Thats a small sampling of a typical day. Am I complaining? Not really I knew the score before I joined probably better than most because my dad was a cop. I just dont care for being bashed.

You and people like you really dont know me or what I do. Worse than that you dont care. So go drive drunk or too fast and kill somebody. If I am lucky I will be the one that gets to take you to jail.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are only the ballot titles. Some of them are a bit misleading thanks to Drew Edmondson.

Just for clarification, there IS a link on that site that takes you the exact questions as they will appear on the ballot.(PDF link).

I would agree that for years when a state question is proposed and placed on the ballot that the wording seems to be quite confusing at times.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you seem to know it all already Im sure telling you what we do all day wont make any difference but here goes.

The science mueseum is right down the street from our main headquarters at 3600 N ML KING. Sometimes before a class guys will get some coffee at McDonalds across the street and talk before class starts.Then we go out and work a bunch of accidents. Sometimes its a fatality and then we get to see all the crap they wont show on TV. Then you get the great duty to go tell the surviving family members that their loved one has died in a fatality accident. Real fun there.

Or you deal with people all day saying that you are just increasing state revenue by writing them a ticket. No Im writing you a ticket because you are going way to fast with no regard for anyone else.

Sometimes we get to arrest a drunk that might have killed you or a loved one. We get to smell the drunk all the way to county and if we get lucky they throw up all over our car or relieve themselves in it. Guess who gets to clean that up? Not you or Bruno2.

Im sure few of you can relate to this but if you are the only Trooper in a county guess who gets a call at 3am after just getting off at 11 to go work an accident because there are no county sherriffs on duty? Not you or Bruno2.

Thats a small sampling of a typical day. Am I complaining? Not really I knew the score before I joined probably better than most because my dad was a cop. I just dont care for being bashed.

You and people like you really dont know me or what I do. Worse than that you dont care. So go drive drunk or too fast and kill somebody. If I am lucky I will be the one that gets to take you to jail.

:clap3:

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:lmfao: OK ... or NOT!! :naughty: :naughty: (You should have seen the post I composed and then deleted.) Not worth it because he really doesn't care ... what he cares about is that he probably tried to get on and washed out ... or he thinks all the rules apply to everyone but him ... it's not like we haven't seen this here a bazillon times before ...

Find a thread about anything but JBTs ... find a way to make it about JBTs ... Mix and rant away ... these guys are nothing if not predictable ...

That "Accountablity -- Not Optional" is especially cute. Oh, if only that were true for everyone ... :thumbup3:

Oh, and morning ... wife make coffee this morning or you?? LOL It's my turn ... gotta lick those boots ... you know how these JBTs are ...

Well I am ignorant.... What's a JBT?

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, that grant probably does not expire after one year. If we used your assumption of this money for salary only and lets say they make 50K per year thats paying 50 annual salaries for 4 years. They do need cars, the cars need radios and equipment, the LEO's need equipment and training and it goes on and on. Its not a whole lot of money at the end.

Guys, guys, I was most definetely joking. I was enlisted, I remember all the mail I got every year as an Airman telling me how much I was REALLY making beyond the $750 before taxes monthly.

okgirl

Marksman
Reaction score

:thanku::thumb:

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

well.... :pokeowned thats a good ol fashon "GOTCHE BI+CH!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom