RANT! (question #744)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw some article where Houston is getting $10 million in Federal aid to hire 50 more cops. Wow! I didn't know you cops made $200,000.00 a year! I guess I picked the wrong profession. Maybe OK should get them some of that Obama money. I'm sure there'll be no strings attached.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw some article where Houston is getting $10 million in Federal aid to hire 50 more cops. Wow! I didn't know you cops made $200,000.00 a year! I guess I picked the wrong profession. Maybe OK should get them some of that Obama money. I'm sure there'll be no strings attached.

Salary plus benefits plus equipment plus training expenses plus...

Easily 200,000 even if the salary 40-50k a year. There is a heck of a lot more to consider when hiring an employee than just the salary.

And at least one Oklahoma city is considering taking (more of) the federal money:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=16&articleid=20101001_16_A1_WASHIN92767

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
That doesn't take into account the staff and cost that accompanies a superintendent. There is an ass't superintendent, a secretary or two, office expenses, retirement and healthcare costs, etc.
Say for instance the town of Crescent with a superintendent drawing $115K in compensation.
There is less than 70 students in a graduating class.
Way less than 800 students in the entire school system.
There are other school administrators such as a principal, vice principals, secretaries, for the different school levels.
Sorry, but administration expenses are way too high for what they do and there are way too many of them.
And the costs and expenses for administrators are beyond salaries.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well, that grant probably does not expire after one year. If we used your assumption of this money for salary only and lets say they make 50K per year thats paying 50 annual salaries for 4 years. They do need cars, the cars need radios and equipment, the LEO's need equipment and training and it goes on and on. Its not a whole lot of money at the end.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, go find another thread to trash JBTs in ... Never miss an opportunity, huh?? :disappoin

you have got to be kidding me! has anyone read this?!?!
**education must be improved, so lets just fire 125 troopers, screw over ODOT, and everybody else!**
I do believe in sacrifice for the better cause but is this really better?!?!?
RANT OVER

Does anybody know who is pushing for this?

While I believe that teacher a lot of times do not have the equipment (or even training) to deal with what they have must with on a daily basis, this is true of most employees, both in the public and private sector these day.

While I feel for teachers as a whole, I cannot see stripping other agencies of their funding to keep the muckity-mucks at education happy. I would be tickled to death if this really was for the children, but is it not. It is about power and greed.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone answer me what these troopers do all day? I personally see no less than 2 cruisers sometimes 4 sitting in the Science Museum Parking lot every morning for around an hour, I have sat and watched them just sitting there drinking coffee and screwing around on their smartphones.

If someone can lay down cold hard facts that these troopers being let go would somehow make anyone's day to day life safer let alone reducing the crime rate I am all ears. IN all seriousness most police officers go for the easy target and easy $ for state revenue, and arguing that they should keep there bloated pensions and benefit packages to pull over speeders is futile to me, they need to be kicking in meth-labs doors and shutting down the cut and package distribution houses I know are a-plenty here for the Mexican cartels for their cocaine, heroin, and meth. Stop busting college kids smoking pot in a park on a Saturday night to get that easy revenue and do something useful and constructive with my taxes and then we can think about letting them keep their jobs. Because right now their jobs consist of hassling the common man and shaking him down for more $'s while simultaneously turning a blind eye to real violent criminal endeavors because they want to be police officers, but they get to choose what they enforce and on who.

Accountability - Not Optional

:rant:

How do you think they find out where the "meth-labs, package distribution houses, and Mexican cartels" are around here? It starts by making traffic stops. Since you seem to know where all these locations are at, why don't you pass on some of this ground breaking intel.

Your view on law enforcement is so distorted that it is amazing. So Troopers should not enforce traffic laws huh? Well lets see how you like your daily commute after that happens. You drag them through the dirt when you get a ticket for breaking the law wondering why they aren't out busting drug king pins and murderers and rapists, but you will be crying for them like a 3 year old who crapped his pants when you need medical aid and they are the only ones within miles and are first on scene.

Absolutely amazing....

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you think they find out where the "meth-labs, package distribution houses, and Mexican cartels" are around here? It starts by making traffic stops. Since you seem to know where all these locations are at, why don't you pass on some of this ground breaking intel.

Your view on law enforcement is so distorted that it is amazing. So Troopers should not enforce traffic laws huh? Well lets see how you like your daily commute after that happens. You drag them through the dirt when you get a ticket for breaking the law wondering why they aren't out busting drug king pins and murderers and rapists, but you will be crying for them like a 3 year old who crapped his pants when you need medical aid and they are the only ones within miles and are first on scene.

Absolutely amazing....

:lmfao: OK ... or NOT!! :naughty: :naughty: (You should have seen the post I composed and then deleted.) Not worth it because he really doesn't care ... what he cares about is that he probably tried to get on and washed out ... or he thinks all the rules apply to everyone but him ... it's not like we haven't seen this here a bazillon times before ...

Find a thread about anything but JBTs ... find a way to make it about JBTs ... Mix and rant away ... these guys are nothing if not predictable ...

That "Accountablity -- Not Optional" is especially cute. Oh, if only that were true for everyone ... :thumbup3:

Oh, and morning ... wife make coffee this morning or you?? LOL It's my turn ... gotta lick those boots ... you know how these JBTs are ...

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started reading this thread yesterday and thought it was about state question 744. How the heck did it get into a pissing contest bashing LEOs?

In case anybody happens to be interested, I was trying to find the exact verbage of 744 that will be on the ballot in November and found the web site that liststs all the state questions......

https://www.sos.ok.gov/gov/proposed_questions.aspx#sq744

This is the Secretary of State at ok.gov I hope you can just click on the link as I just did a cut/paste..

There are some other questions coming up that I did not know were even being considered that folks might want to look at before they head to the ballot box.....

okgirl

Marksman
Reaction score
Do you really think all they do is JUST give speeding tickets? Don't get me wrong, not all troopers are good, there are some who abuse their power. Their are also quite a few teachers who abuse their power as well. Their are teachers that get on Facebook and other social networks during the school day. How is that any different?

As for what do they do in a day, I know a trooper who has done multiple meth lab bust, I'm not talking some college kid at the park either. I don't know if any of you heard about the drug busts in Weatherford, were 55 different labs were taken down, but troopers and county were the ones who did it with the help of a few WPD officers. Troopers are also the ones that work the wrecks and notify the families that their loved ones won't be coming home again.

You say they are picking on the common man, but was the common man speeding when he was getting pulled over? If so, then he was breaking the law. Instead of complaining about getting a ticket, or just a warning, how about next time you just slow down?

Can anyone answer me what these troopers do all day? I personally see no less than 2 cruisers sometimes 4 sitting in the Science Museum Parking lot every morning for around an hour, I have sat and watched them just sitting there drinking coffee and screwing around on their smartphones.

If someone can lay down cold hard facts that these troopers being let go would somehow make anyone's day to day life safer let alone reducing the crime rate I am all ears. IN all seriousness most police officers go for the easy target and easy $ for state revenue, and arguing that they should keep there bloated pensions and benefit packages to pull over speeders is futile to me, they need to be kicking in meth-labs doors and shutting down the cut and package distribution houses I know are a-plenty here for the Mexican cartels for their cocaine, heroin, and meth. Stop busting college kids smoking pot in a park on a Saturday night to get that easy revenue and do something useful and constructive with my taxes and then we can think about letting them keep their jobs. Because right now their jobs consist of hassling the common man and shaking him down for more $'s while simultaneously turning a blind eye to real violent criminal endeavors because they want to be police officers, but they get to choose what they enforce and on who.

Accountability - Not Optional

:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom