RANT! (question #744)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In essence the other will as well, by adding a section to the State Constitution. Just see one big @$$ mess in the works if either one of these pass.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now BB , if you would like go back and read the OP. The thread was started by a trooper that is mad b/c he may lose his job to improve education our state. This thread is about JBT's . Nobody just drug them into the conversation . They were there from post #1.

Really? Cuz if Tcox is a trooper it is news to me. I will be the first one to admit I don't know every single one of the approximately 700 or so troopers personally.

What all of you pro LEO's are doing here is nothing more than playing the race card. Somebody doesnt like what you are saying about the education bill so you guys are screaming racism. God forbid a HiPo ever get elected president of the US . Everytime one of our Congressmen or Legislatures would speak out against the Presidents agenda they would be accused of cop bashing.

Playing the race card, really?? There are plenty of people who are pro-education (myself included) who think this bill is a bad idea. It's got nothing to do with "racism". The robbing of any state agency to fund anothe is simply not a good idea. Nor is the passing of any bill that is not funded. Somewhere this nonsense needs to stop.

Give it up this thread is about OHP among other things. I am getting a little tired of the LEO's on this thread citizen and teacher bashing. I dont know what the citizens and teachers of this state did to you guys to have mentally scarred you , but , go get some counseling and get over it or change professions. Good grief.

Hmmm ... Nobody has bashed teachers in this thread or the citizenry in general. However, if you are offended by the fact that OHP does their job and doesn't give you a call to make sure their policies or the actions of any particular trooper are okay with you, well I can't help you with that ... In fact a lot of people personally connected to teaching in some way have posted, so I don't know for sure what your deal is there.

Feel free to edit this one BB . So people will think you have your head in the game.

No reason to edit. You have made my point for me much more eloquently than I ever could have. Thank you.

744 said it will alter the state constitution by amendment if that helps squid.

Oh yippee that's good ... Let's let a special interest group amend the State Constitution. I want to be next in line to get to do that ...

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thread was started by a trooper that is mad b/c he may lose his job to improve education our state.
I don't believe that throwing money in education will make any difference. It did nothing in the past, we are still behind other states and countries. Our kids have to compete against students of other states and in the modern world other countries as well.
Either our educators are unwilling or unable to improve the situation. To keep doing the same thing and expect change defines insanity.

I dont know what the citizens and teachers of this state did to you guys to have mentally scarred you , but , go get some counseling and get over it or change professions. Good grief.

Three children trusted to the OK public schools and I have no doubt in my mind that I didn't get my money's worth. They go through the motions, never getting deep enough, never challenging the young minds, never guiding them to excel. A system geared to produce mediocre results.
I am not OHP, my job is not at stake but I would not sacrifice a single trooper to make an already bloated inefficient system, a better financed bloated inefficient system.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have to wonder about the intelligence of a person who goes through 4 years of college to become a teacher and then complains that they aren't paid enough. Were they not smart enough to find out what teachers get paid BEFORE they went down that path?? If they weren't smart enough to look at that information and use it to help make career decisions, are they smart enough to be teaching our kids?? If, on the other hand, they KNEW what kind of money teaching paid and went into that field anyway, why complain about their own choice??
Not only is this a bash BB , but , it also clues everyone into what Tcox does for a living. Pay close attention to the "us" and "ours".

With all due respect I say this: When something has happened to you or a loved one and the response time for us to get to you goes from 5 min to 30 min I want you to remember that "the troopers took a hit for the team" and "OUR JOBS ARENT AS IMPORTANT AS EDUCATORS".

Here is one of your bashes
That is BS ... it ain't for the children ... it is for the administrators who sit on their asses and "administrate" and for the teachers who teach because they are too lazy or stupid to do anything else.

I have nothing but respect for good, honest, hard-working teachers. But like JBTs, the good teachers are paying the price for the bad ones ...

As for teachers, try firing one, regardless of how bad a teacher they are, after they have obtained tenure. And, perhaps while looking at things carefully, we compare the percentage paid to teachers in relationship to the individual school budget, not on what other states are doing. I think most of us would agree that in a business, the largest expense can be salaries of employees.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh yippee that's good ... Let's let a special interest group amend the State Constitution. I want to be next in line to get to do that ...

This is all I am saying BB. Try reading the thread before you start posting up stuff that is contrary to whats going on.

Feel free to post my cop bashing. I havent seen anything that comes very close to cop bashing . Thee was one popst by a guy that wanted some accountability. He wasnt raving on about how cops suck.

You guys are playing the race card. Now stop it and debate the facts.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not only is this a bash BB , but , it also clues everyone into what Tcox does for a living. Pay close attention to the "us" and "ours".

Here is one of your bashes

You may be right about him being a trooper, or he may be an administrative employee of the department (like dispatch). I truly don't know.

That was not a bash. After having been raised in the public school system (along with my 6 brothers and sisters) and having 3 boys (and 6 nieces and nephews in the public school system and now having 3 grandchildren in the public school system I have an opinion. Just because you do not agree with that opinion does not make it a bash. In fact I compared the problems facing good teachers to the problems facing good Troopers. How is that a bash??

My biggest issue with the public school system is that it is EXTREMELY top heavy. They need a just about 2/3rds less "administrators" and a lot more teacher. The amount of money the education system would have per student for supplies and per teacher for more training and raises would be substantial I suspect.

I don't know about the last part you quoted. I didn't make that statement (and don't recall who did without going back and looking) but how is questioning the process of tenure bashing teachers? Sounds more like an issue with a process within the education system not a stab at teachers.

Kinda like your comment about Troopers' bloated pensions ... I gotta tell you that Troopers do have a pension but it is anything but bloated. You have to work a minimum of 20 years to get exactly half of your base pay in retirement. In order for a Trooper to receive 100% of his base pay upon retirement he has to work for the department 40 years ... Yeah, that is not a typo. 40 years. Additionally, I don't know what percentage of their income teachers are required to pay into the system but for DPS employees it is not a small chunk of change. What I would give to have that money in GC's check every month. But ... like teachers his contribution is mandatory.

So, again ... I am not really sure what your issue is.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bruno2
Now BB , if you would like go back and read the OP. The thread was started by a trooper that is mad b/c he may lose his job to improve education our state. This thread is about JBT's . Nobody just drug them into the conversation . They were there from post #1.
Really? Cuz if Tcox is a trooper it is news to me. I will be the first one to admit I don't know every single one of the approximately 700 or so troopers personally.
Yes refer top my quote in the popst above . Thats the news

What all of you pro LEO's are doing here is nothing more than playing the race card. Somebody doesnt like what you are saying about the education bill so you guys are screaming racism. God forbid a HiPo ever get elected president of the US . Everytime one of our Congressmen or Legislatures would speak out against the Presidents agenda they would be accused of cop bashing.

Playing the race card, really?? There are plenty of people who are pro-education (myself included) who think this bill is a bad idea. It's got nothing to do with "racism". The robbing of any state agency to fund anothe is simply not a good idea. Nor is the passing of any bill that is not funded. Somewhere this nonsense needs to stop.
The racism comment is a comparison to how everybody is stepping up and saying the members are cop bashing just b/c they disagree with the cops on this subject.
Give it up this thread is about OHP among other things. I am getting a little tired of the LEO's on this thread citizen and teacher bashing. I dont know what the citizens and teachers of this state did to you guys to have mentally scarred you , but , go get some counseling and get over it or change professions. Good grief.

Hmmm ... Nobody has bashed teachers in this thread or the citizenry in general. However, if you are offended by the fact that OHP does their job and doesn't give you a call to make sure their policies or the actions of any particular trooper are okay with you, well I can't help you with that ... In fact a lot of people personally connected to teaching in some way have posted, so I don't know for sure what your deal is there.
I quoted yours and others bash against the teachers in a post above
Feel free to edit this one BB . So people will think you have your head in the game.

No reason to edit. You have made my point for me much more eloquently than I ever could have. Thank you.

I proved that you havent read the thread thoroughly by your replies. Your welcome I suppose.

744 said it will alter the state constitution by amendment if that helps squid.

How is it a special interest group altering the State constitution? The voters will be the ones altering it if 744 passes

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trimming the budget on OSA or in public education? Anyway, amny districts did not get their raises this year, lost planning time, more work at home and weekends, and an increased class size due to the state suspending laws. Not sure but this all amounts to the same as people in the non-public education arena taking a pay decrease, more work, etc.

Sumo ... sorry I completely missed your post. That is the greatest problem with the education system in my opinion. The teachers and students are the first places that administrators start yanking money from when they have to tighten their belts.

I would love it if the school administrators had to account for where all the money they saved came from -- if it is coming from requiring teachers to do more with less and larger classroom sizes, like you said, well then that isn't right.

Opps ... I guess this "proves" that I haven't read the thread to Bruno's satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom