Remington 700 class action lawsuit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I find it interesting that liberal mouthpiece MSNBC is running the story. Would not be surprised to find that "Progressive Insurance" is a sponsor.

What Remington should do is have a picture of Charles Darwin on the box with the caption, "Firearm Safety Depends On You."

finnimus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the design is flawed, it is 100% Remington's responsibility regardless of where the gun is pointed. It's product liability. The gun is only supposed to/designed to discharge when the trigger is pressed. If the gun discharges in a state that it's not designed to discharge, the responsibility falls on Remington.

The caveat is whether or not the user's negligence caused the discharge (drop, poor maintenance, etc.). If it were not for the discharge, the poor handling would not have been a factor.

Let's assume safe driving dictates you are supposed to drive 1 car length behind a car for every 10 MPH of speed. Ford comes out and says at 40 MPH, your car may randomly accelerate forward. If you follow the rule and stay 4 car lengths behind the person in front of you, the car will have enough time to slow back down and you won't rear end them. No one would accept that as a safe vehicle.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the gun does truly have a problem, I say remington should be responsible for a little bit, like fixing all the problem rifles. but they should NOT be held liable for the deaths and injuries for the AD/ND. No firearm, loaded or unloaded should ever be pointed in a direction of a person, unless you intend on killing that person. I had a ND when I was handling what I knew was a loaded pistol, and it ended up firing and hitting my hand. It was my carelessness that caused it to happen.

I do fell sorry for the childs death, but If the parents would have been more responsible, and pointed the rifle towards the ground, or even outside while unloading it, this would not have happened.
things like this makes all of us gun owners look bad, someone practices poor firearm safety, and something tragic happens, and say they have hunted for years and know everything about safety, so they try to sue, it hits the news, and the anti-gun people think that this kind of thing will happen to every gun owner

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't hold Remington responsible for any AD's, what I do hold them responsible is for KNOWINGLY putting out a faulty and as proven dangerous product.

Latest posts

Top Bottom