Remington 700 class action lawsuit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a two way street. Defective gun vs. Unsafe gun handling. Remington knew about this years ago. Even did tests about this on these rifles. They could have fixed this years ago on the cheap. They are liable for selling an unsafe weapon. However they can't be responsible for unsafe handling, but it is their responsibilty to make the safest gun they can make. If Remington had fixed this years ago like they should have, despite the womans unsafe pointing of the gun, that child would more than likely still be alive. 80/20 Remington's fault.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. In either case the manufacturer owes you a fixed gun, refund or replacement. The hole in the floor and the person are both on you. The difference being one is easily replaceable and the other is not. If you value your carpet enough to not want to blow a hole in it, only have the gun loaded once you are outside pointing it at the dirt and do the same when you unload it.

Maybe that should be a new rule.
That would pretty much prohibit apartment dwellers in the city from owning guns. Suits me. I live in the country.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
O.K. I'm about to send a chain email to everybody I know.
Obama Mandates Kevlar Lined Steel Box For Safe Gun Loading/Unloading.
See how long it takes Rick to post in the general comments.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39762676/ns/business-cnbc_tv/

What irritates me is that the article never mentions that the deaths & injuries from Remington 700 AD's would have been completely avoided with proper gun handling.

Never point a gun loaded or unloaded at anything you are not willing to kill or destroy.

Muzzle control.

That's because there is an agenda behind it. It couldn't possibly be someone's fault! It has to be the guns fault! Even better, it's the gun manufacturers fault!
:hypnotize:

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May I just ask of those posting here who are blaming the lady.....how many of you actually saw the show, start to finish, and paid attention? Where exactly was the muzzle pointed? Where was the boy? And did you catch that she was merely preparing to unload, and had not yet worked the bolt (on that older model, the safety had to be off to do so)?

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I buy a new car, and it bursts in flames going 42mph, and you are going to say that its MY FAULT because I was in 40mph zone and therefore speeding .... right.

In automotive industry it's called voluntary recall - and looks like Remington missed it's windows of opportunity and it's going to pay dearly, still issuing recall and paying out of wazookoo in lawsuits.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my remington weapons but remington has had to many issues with their products I had a brand new 870 wingmaster from the very first time I loaded it as soon as I would pump a round in and the bolt lock it would fire. Then about 15 years ago I had a brand new 870 express mag. that the 4th round I ever fired out of it the barrel blew up I am just glad I was shooting light loads that day well I sent the gun back to remington a few months later I get the gun back with no old or new barrel and they told me it was my fault it blew up. So I buy a new barrel from Hastings and a few years later I get a check in the mail for 28.00 with a letter telling me that the serial number of my gun was part of a class action lawsuit. So I am sit there for a second thinking what kind of barrel is 28.00 going to get me so for about 5 years I didn't buy another remington. I don't know what I think about the current problems remington is having now but I have owned 6 rem. 700's and I still have 4 and 2 of them are the ones that are supposed to have the problem with the and I have never had an issue with any of them and one of them stays on the tractor in a rifle boot all the time.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do we as shooters have that short of a memory? This is old news re-badged for a new shooting generation. This was first aired in the early 90s (92-93) by 60 minutes, I think, and Remington was sued at that time for the trigger problem, and a recall was ordered. MANY people who had never had a problem with their 700 DIDN'T send their's in for the "repair". They have been sold and resold and now they are in the hands of a whole "new" generation of shooter.....UN-REPAIRED! Now who's fault is that? Is it Remingtons who would repair ANY 700 sent in in the "bad serial number range"? or is it the person who didn't send it in because he never had any trouble with his, and then re-sold it to someone else?

Kind of like the good old PINTO......I knew it could burst into flames, but I decided to drive it anyway, then I sold it to my neighbor who spontainiously combusted...Yeah the product was bad, yeah it could be fixed but I decided not to and then re-sold it....blame FORD.

Must be slow for news at MSNBC, or they don't want to report on how bad the liberals are getting their a$$ kicked in the up coming election, so what can we do to make a big company look like the evil empire??? Well just pull up OLD NEWS!!!!!!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do we as shooters have that short of a memory? This is old news re-badged for a new shooting generation. This was first aired in the early 90s (92-93) by 60 minutes, I think, and Remington was sued at that time for the trigger problem, and a recall was ordered. MANY people who had never had a problem with their 700 DIDN'T send their's in for the "repair". They have been sold and resold and now they are in the hands of a whole "new" generation of shooter.....UN-REPAIRED! Now who's fault is that? Is it Remingtons who would repair ANY 700 sent in in the "bad serial number range"? or is it the person who didn't send it in because he never had any trouble with his, and then re-sold it to someone else?

Kind of like the good old PINTO......I knew it could burst into flames, but I decided to drive it anyway, then I sold it to my neighbor who spontainiously combusted...Yeah the product was bad, yeah it could be fixed but I decided not to and then re-sold it....blame FORD.

Must be slow for news at MSNBC, or they don't want to report on how bad the liberals are getting their a$$ kicked in the up coming election, so what can we do to make a big company look like the evil empire??? Well just pull up OLD NEWS!!!!!!

A beer, you're owed one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom