Remington 700 class action lawsuit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell of a good catch for sure. I had no idea they offered to address the issue in the past.

This definitely makes it seem more like a political attack and slander against Remington, then.

rifleman 1981

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GUN SAFETY, I don't give a damn who you are or what the situation is if you follow the rules to the letter, such as being conscious of where the muzzle is, then even if an equipment malfunction happens, accidental misfire, delayed ignition on a cartridge etc, everything is going to be ok, its when we get comfortable and careless that accidents happen, and spyglass, if she had been paying attention to where the muzzle was pointed it wouldn't matter if it accidentally discharged, he would still be alive, IT IS HER FAULT, piss poor gun safety was the major factor contributing to death. END OF STORY. If you are going down the road and swerve over in the other lane and kill someone because you were drunk then that could have been avoided, if your tie rod breaks and you do the same, whole different scenario, if you were in control of the firearm, you are responsible for where the bullet goes.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It said only 1% of the 700s between certain dates had the problem. The original designer commented that it was a quality control issue and some parts were being placed in the guns that were out of spec. They also said that many have tried bring lawsuits up on it. One guy won after he shot his foot off.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got through bumping my LTR ad and noticed something that says it all right on the front of the Remington box. That little message applies to Remington as well as everyone who buys their products.

[Broken External Image]

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't read all the comments so I'm not sure if this has been said yet, but according to the article, 5 million model 700s sold, 24 deaths, and over and 100 injuries doesn't seem that dangerous to me. I could probably link to products with less production numbers and HIGHER deaths/injuries.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been around guns and have hunted most of my 48 yrs, and this is the first I have heard of it. From everyone's post I know it's been reported before, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has never heard of it. I didn't take it as an attack on the 2nd AMND at all. Remington knew about a problem that was dangerous was told by the designer it was dangerous and chose not to spend 5.5 Cents to fix it, and still produced and sold the gun. Not only that, have the balls to tell you nothing is wrong and send us $20 and we'll make your gun where you don't have to release the safety to unload it. Are you kidding me? No one is more Pro-Gun then I am, but let the blame fall where it should and in this case it's Remington.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Things to consider
1. This type trigger first appeared on the 721 which came out in 1948.
2. They redesigned it in 1982
3. They have offered to fix these guns "free" since 1982
4. They can't force you to get it fixed
5. Money grubbers are coming out of the woodwork thinking they will get rich on this class action suit. The only ones to get rich will be the lawyers.

And finally #6. Remington is the a highly profitable gun company. They are gobbling up all the smaller companies just like in other industries.
Someone is out to "put them in their place" if you know what I mean.
(George Soros)

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It ain't gonna stop me from shooting mine or buying more stuff from Remington.

Though to be fair, I don't even own a 700 trigger because I yanked out all the sucky X-Mark Pro triggers out of my 700s since Remington let all this Lawyer/weasel crap bilk them into putting garbage triggers into their guns that couldn't be adjusted at all as a result of the legal badgering of ambulance-chasing suck-holes out there.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i think if i had any doughts about my remington trigger i would get the replacement from brownells & for get it & u would not have to send ur gun off

Latest posts

Top Bottom