Ruger Mini's which one would you own and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get the mini 14 the AR and the AK life is short, I love my mini 14 as long as you buy factory mags there awesome, have you thought about a Kel-Tec SU16C they fold up and you can shoot it in the folded position, have a built in bipod and its lighter than a mini 14 or AR15

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get the mini 14 the AR and the AK life is short, I love my mini 14 as long as you buy factory mags there awesome, have you thought about a Kel-Tec SU16C they fold up and you can shoot it in the folded position, have a built in bipod and its lighter than a mini 14 or AR15

Those look pretty Kool , reviews are good , about the same price range.....may have to look for one of these.... ;)

Thanks

sureNsteady

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Among multiple ARs and AKs I also own a mini30 ranch. It is a great gun, will shoot up my stock of 7.62x39. It didn't really like any of the lacquered ammo, but will shoot the cheap Tula, or Herter's without a problem. As for accuracy the newer barrels don't whip as much as the early models. Even so I added a Mo-Rod barrel stabilizer (as much for the stabilization as for the heat dissipation and the look). They also make a brake/sight called the Mo-Reaper which I also added. After doing all of this it ends up costing about $1000, but it looks like a miniature M1A and shoots as accurately and as cheaply as my AK's. I love it, but also love my Arsenal Milled AK which cost about $1200. I'd have to be broke to part with either one and even then I'd be hard pressed to choose between them. An AR is an AR is an AR. I love mine, but everyone and their dog has one (or ten). Can't say the same about the mini30.
IMG_3228.jpg

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hands down I'd choose an AR or an AK over a Mini regardless of caliber. Their accuracy and reliability are subpar, and the cost of good magazines makes them prohibitively expensive to me.

If I was forced to choose a Mini, I'd go for the Mini 30, since I have a lot of 7.62x39mm ammo.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see that , I just dont get into the,,,"customize"..."accessorize".

Firstly , I cant afford all those fancy gadgets , I dont shoot competition , or even to "stack bullets", I would probably choose something different along those lines.

But to throw in the truck as a defensive , varmit gettin, alll around plinkin and havin fun , I think theyre cool.

Too much of this , is this better than?? or??

I just think theyre cool.

SO...since its rifles..creedmore or lapua??

( Do they even make a "mini" in those platforms)...oh well ...fun shootin.... ;)

Not sure what customizing/accessorizing has to do with "gadgets". I think they're cool too, just overpriced for what they are IMHO.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom