Ruger Mini's which one would you own and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Ruger minis are fun guns for plinking or shooting pests. They are generally (but not always) lighter and handier than a AR-15. The Mini-30 would probably be cheaper to shoot, though if I were looking for one I'd most likely go with the Mini-14. If you like the feel and handling of them over an AR or AK then go for it.

Do you need a high end AR or AK? There are some decent rifles of either type out there for not much more than the cost of the Rugers.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Minis are fun and will eat anything. I bought my last Mini-14 in 2000. It has seen a ton of ammo. The only reason I do not have a Mini-30 is because I have not found a good deal on one yet. ARs are fun, but I will never let go of the Mini.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I've never owned a mini 14 or mini 30 but have shot both.

For the price of the rifles and mags I'd rather have an AK, AR or both. None of the minis that I've had experience with have any better accuracy than an AK other than the target model, which for the price isn't as accurate as any of my ARs in the same price range.

I do like the Deerfield carbine in .44mag though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom