SHTF warning signs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other than natural diasters.

What do you consider as warning signs?
Well, QE3 for starters. Citizens being detained without just cause (has already started happening). Citizens being interrogated solely due to ammo purchases (already happening). Domestic drones being used against law-abiding citizens. The end to Posse Comitatus (assimilation already starting, as military drills are happening throughout the country, as well as military "assisting" state police. The unlawful search and seizure by the TSA, even outside of anything related to Transportation (RNC and DNC conventions, etc.). Leaders buying up all the gold (has been going on already, and has recently building steam).

Pretty soon, patriots will be labeled as "domestic terrorists" for simply disagreeing with the government, or being a member of the tea party, etc. Once you are labeled as a dom terrorist, all bets are off

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, QE3 for starters. Citizens being detained without just cause (has already started happening). Citizens being interrogated solely due to ammo purchases (already happening). Domestic drones being used against law-abiding citizens. The end to Posse Comitatus (assimilation already starting, as military drills are happening throughout the country, as well as military "assisting" state police. The unlawful search and seizure by the TSA, even outside of anything related to Transportation (RNC and DNC conventions, etc.). Leaders buying up all the gold (has been going on already, and has recently building steam).

Pretty soon, patriots will be labeled as "domestic terrorists" for simply disagreeing with the government, or being a member of the tea party, etc. Once you are labeled as a dom terrorist, all bets are off

Pretty much sums it up

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So at what point do you drop out or bug out?

I geuss to cut to the point, its either not that bad and its just rhetoric or its that bad and we are waiting for the real deal. This defies reason. Right?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...I'm in the camp that thinks it's going to be a gentle squeeze...or the frog in a pot of water thing. Unless there is a significant event like an EMP attack, most of us, even the so-called "prepared", won't even notice until it's too late.

That being said, people have been talking about "SHTF" since there have been people...heck when I was a kid I was convinced we were going to war with the Soviet Union and I'd be peddling my bike around a nuclear wasteland. Didn't happen.

Heck, in some ways I think we have become too big to fail. Sure, society might change from what we are used to, but I'd actually be surprised if there was anything beyond some economic restructuring and localized SHTF situations created by natural disasters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom