SHTF warning signs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think people may have to get used to a vastly lower standard of living... we've just been living beyond our means for far to long to avoid that... but I think very few people will actually starve to death (the same as in the Great Depression). I think the real threat will come from the massive central power grab and loss of individual liberty that inevitably accompanies desperate times. If you want to ensure your basic survival, you should make sure you have some marketable skills that can earn you a living even in near 3rd-world conditions (even if I can't do any lawyerin' in the post-SHTF world, I can still turn a wrench!). Having emergency food and water reserves is a good idea for getting yourself through relatively short-term trouble like a major natural disaster, but like SMS said, unless you have the land and resources to sustain it indefinitely, it is not a long-term solution.

But beyond your basic survival, you will have your liberty to worry about. I suggest, for starters, educating yourself about different resistance movements from recent history and contemporary times. If there is going to be a fight, it will not be like many are picturing it. Learning about how things have actually gone down in real life, and about what worked and didn't work in various situations, would be valuable. Networking would be a good idea... hooking up with like-minded people (locally and across the country) and making reciprocal arrangements to aid and shelter one another if in need. Obtaining encryption software (which can be had for free) and SECURELY distributing keys to those with whom you wish to be able to securely communicate is not a bad idea. Information is important, and is one of those things that tyrants always try to deny to their victims... maintaining a way of accessing the internet without using easy-to-control central infrastructure would be smart (if you have one of those big old satellite dishes in your yard, don't get rid of it!).

Another idea that wouldn't be too bad is to have an escape plan for leaving the country. Unfortunately that might be your best option at some point.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never saw leaving the country as an option unless you owned your own Island. If the SHTF's I do not realy think that the Yucatan is going to be any more pleasent to live in than the Oklahoma. Am I missing something. Maybe I am just that naive to think that when it gets bad it is going to be a worldwide thing not a USA thing. I would go to Canada but I am not as scared of the Chupacabra as I am of the obominal snow man. Just trying to lighten it up a bit.

I agree that the most sutiable thing to do is to become as self sufficient as possible.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you doubt the "camps" maybe you should go down to Camp Gruber and take a look there.

They have spent a lot of money on that thing in the last few years. One being one heck of a fence. They have also had a concrete batch plant erected there for the last year or so. The story in the paper claimed they were building a church on base. The church was dedicated in june and I am pretty sure the batch plant is still there. I am sure a lot of other concrete was poured besides a church.

Must have been the concrete walls to stand people in front of.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you doubt the "camps" maybe you should go down to Camp Gruber and take a look there.
Google map this: 35.386199,-97.700999 (you can't zoom in too much, because then it switches to a view of the construction (i.e. older photograph)

This is a fairly new complex at around 89th & Sara Road in Mustang. Most National Guard complexes have very visible signage and markings stating as much. The only thing that I saw was a sign that talked about you can get your college paid for by going into the National Guard. This may be a legit NG facility, but I didn't know it existed. I

Notice the two tent setups on each corner of the complex (external ventilation systems, etc). Notice the array of vehicles. If you zoom in enough, you might just see what looks like a couple of mobile missile platforms. It's all apart of the plan ;)

Barnney Fife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have spent a lot of money on that thing in the last few years. One being one heck of a fence. They have also had a concrete batch plant erected there for the last year or so. The story in the paper claimed they were building a church on base. The church was dedicated in june and I am pretty sure the batch plant is still there. I am sure a lot of other concrete was poured besides a church.

Must have been the concrete walls to stand people in front of.

Went by there last weekend and yes the batch plant is still there and so are lots more building than there now than last fall.

flashover08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was setting here in my living room one day and I hear a knock on the door so I go to the door and when I opened it there was a man standing there and he said are you mr so and so I said yes why he said I am so and so from the ATF I said ok what can I help you with and I did ask for for him to show me that he was who he siad he was and he did and then he asked me if I was buying and selling guns I told him yes why he said that someone had told them that I was buying lots of guns I said is there a problem with that he had his arm in a sling he said that they had put him at a desk job and they told him to go check on me anyway I dont know what that was all about It is our rights to be able to buy and sell guns so I am sure they are watching me but I am not doing anything wrong
Have A Blessed Evening
flashover08
}><}}};> 2 CHRONICLES 7:14 <;{{{><{

Latest posts

Top Bottom